• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA facing another challenge.....Despair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys sit here on FI.com 24/7 and badmouth everything USAPA, but you very obviously omit 85% of what the union is doing on behalf of all of us. Ingrate.

USAPA was put in place to exclude about 40% of the pilot group in the decision making process. I remember hearing something about tyranny of the majority. That is exactly what we got and USAPA is dealing with the fallout. I don't see any West pilots wearing USAPA badge backers so I would say that the comments on this board showing dissatisfaction with the union are accurate.

USAPA is glad to collect dues from us and if we don't feel we are getting fair representation, we are free to complain about it. I think it is along the lines of taxation without representation and we are dumping the tea in Boston Harbor.

The letter I posted shows dissatisfaction from an East pilot who admits he did everything in his power to get rid of the arbitrated award. He sees the futility of the efforts continuing years later. He also points out that he is not the only one who feels this way.

I expected the character assassination for him not falling in line. I applaud him for being brave enough to stand up.

Last edited:
And by the way, the union's existence is NOT simply to get a contract, as you say. It also protects the careers of would-be-terminated pilots, protect the sanctity of the training department, oversee contract compliance, etc, etc. USAPA has and will continue to protect all the pilots, including you, on these fronts, and they're doing an excellent job of it. You guys sit here on FI.com 24/7 and badmouth everything USAPA, but you very obviously omit 85% of what the union is doing on behalf of all of us. Ingrate.
So pursuing RICO charges against regular line joes for two years over such high crimes as web posts is 'protecting' all pilots? Ingrates my ass.

Here, how about you tell us why you think the Mediated negotiations we are in right now won't produce results.
When the NAC passes the USAPA wet-dream list the company will say they won't touch it. Reference the ongoing litigation for declaratory judgment.
Then, tell us about this "gutting" for DOH. what? Yeah, like the Nic won't cause 10000 training cycles to turn you all into captains overnight. Trust me, the company doesn't want that.
Allow me to refresh your memory: the company already accepted the Nic list. The no-bump no-flush provision means no 10000 training cycles.
What I don't get is this: why not join forces with us to get a quality contract?
Okay, I'll answer. We can't join together when we reject part of what the NAC is trying to get. It's that simple. USAPA is violating its DFR and we won't abet it.

What I don't get is this: why not join forces with us to get a quality contract? If you're so *&^%$%$# sure you'll win "DFRII" then it seems to me the fastest way to get that thing filed is with a joint contract that "harms" you. Jesus, let's just move forward. Not even the bed wetting Lance can make east pilots drop their swords, so picket with us and start walking the walk toward a contract. Then, you get to sue again! Hoooya!

I've got a simper idea and it will produce results in a more timely fashion. USAPA needs to accept the Nic, dig up the already TA'ed sections of the contract that ALPA negotiated (80 % complete), and then hit Management up with the Kirby proposal + 10%.

Your way requires too much time. USAPA only has 8 sections TA'ed and we would still have to wait for the declaratory judgment to run its course. Then we would be back in court for a few more years, while our new contract sits on a shelf with the word "injunction" stamped across the front page.

I've got a simper idea and it will produce results in a more timely fashion. USAPA needs to accept the Nic, dig up the already TA'ed sections of the contract that ALPA negotiated (80 % complete), and then hit Management up with the Kirby proposal + 10%.

Sounds like a good idea to me. That's how the big boys do it. Too bad we have an association of amateurs running a so-called union.

What??? No St. Nic post? Someone check the missing persons report.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back