• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks guy's. So if I were to go for the interview prep where are some of the places you guy's would reomend? There seems to be quite of few out there.

Mad Dog
My profile has said...and still says "under review". It has never said anything different. Not sure why some say one thing and others say something else.

skyguy40 my profile also has "under review"

Let me explain:

Go to your US Air app. Open up additional information. Do you have just 3 links there? Or 4?

Everyone has the standard 3 (view job description, update application/view application).

But there is a 4th option..... "view directions."

Some have it, others don't. You should have it since you got an interview. My question is did you have this "view directions" link before you got the interview call?

Thanks, sorry for not explain it better before.

Mad Dog
Thanks for that. It does say that "view directions". I have not seen that before so not sure how long its been there. After I clicked on it. It says... The interview will take place at the Phoenix airport. What does yours say when you click on view directions?
Sorry don't think I was much help here.

think i'd score high if i told them ATT "my young low time chinese FO clicked the AP off over the OM with low ceilings,mdt rain and gusty crosswind at night ( failed to brief this in the decent briefing) and I said "what the Fuk are you doing ?" and took the controls?

I have an interview at the end of the month. Never saw the "see directions" last time I checked. Does it stay up or say anything meaningful? They said the detailed email about the flights and such wouldn't come until the day before my travel date. I have another email asking to setup travel to the interview, if you didn't get to do it over the phone.

VERY important to respond to the TMAAT question with S.A.R.

S - Situation... describe the situation and your position
A - Action... how you responded in that situation
R - Result ... summarize what you learned and how it made you better

In fact, during my interview (several years ago) the interviewers even had a sheet divided into three columns labeled for just those responses. Most questions can be answered with this technique and it keeps the interviewer from trying to dig information out of you, making the whole process easier and less confrontational. Some of the questions I got, and used this technique with, were:

TMAAT
- you disagreed with a company policy.
- you flew with someone you didn't get along with
- you could have tried harder
- you flew into an unfamiliar airport
- you had trouble in training/failed checkride/exam
- you did something you later regretted
- you were accused of something you didn't do
- you made a controversial decision
- you helped change a policy
- you broke a rule/regulation
etc

Be sure to end every question on a positive note. It seemed to me that the emphasis was less on flying skills and experience, but more on personal character and integrity. Your resume/application show you have the experience/ratings/hours to be qualified. Now show us who you are to see if you're a good fit. Good luck. Maybe I'll see you around here :)

Elburro
That was great. Just what I was looking for. It was also mentioned before I think to. I have been trying to think about my stories in that way.
Does anyone recall how many TMAAT's they're looking for?

Latest resources

Back