• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways has jumped the shark

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Newsflash: EVERYBODY except SWA is desperate now. No one can make money with oil over $125/bbl. TC

Not true.....B6 is not charging for as many snacks you want, a full can of coke, the first checked bag, live 36 ch direct TV

plus every set is a 34" pitch seat in all A/C.

Yes we pushed A320 deliveries...but still net'ed 3 A320's and got 6 new E190's...same in 09' a total of 12 new A/C

thats a 3%-5% groth rate thru 09'

we are all hurting including SWA....some are hurting more than others....I take no comfort in that statement...I have friends at most airlines and I don't want anything to happen to their carriers.

Movie theaters, hotel rooms, and theme parks don't keep you in a small, pressurized metal tube in 5-10% humidity...

Nobody is forcing anybody into a 'small metal tube in 5-10% humidity." Passengers themselves are forcing themselves by buying the tickets. If this is what it takes to make sure we, pilots, have jobs, and can earn money, I say charge 'em five bucks for the d amn drink!

Nobody is forcing anybody into a 'small metal tube in 5-10% humidity." Passengers themselves are forcing themselves by buying the tickets. If this is what it takes to make sure we, pilots, have jobs, and can earn money, I say charge 'em five bucks for the d amn drink!

So, are you willing to pay for that bottle of water, or can of Diet Coke from the bev cart? It will keep your fellow pilots employed, you know.

It was nice knowing you USAirways. Guess I should start using up all my FF miles since your existence as an airline is over. You have officially "Jumped the shark". http://www.jumptheshark.com/index.jspa

You are now charging me $2.00 for a drink. Will I actually get an entire can now? Or will you still give me a cup of ice with 3 ounces of drink.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-bz.drinks13jun13,0,2294921.story

There is no hope left for you. You are desperate at this point. I have no doubt all the other airlines will follow your lead. But you were the first. You will once again seek bankruptcy protection, only this time no one will finance you, so you will be left with liquidation.

God help you if Southwest moves into CLT.
B!tching about a $2 drink while paying HALF of what you should be for a ticket...:mad:

You're not seeing the forest for the trees here...

You are 100% right...nobody forces them to buy a ticket on their airline, but things like charging them for a farking beverage reverberate in people's minds when it comes time to do so again in the future.

Those people will take their money elsewhere if there are other options, lowering your company's revenue and endangering that job you have and that money you earn. What is the potential cost of the potential upside?

Americans hate feeling nickel-and-dimed. Quietly raise ticket prices across the board $2 and VIOLA no problem whatsoever...but put out a press release saying beverages are no longer complimentary and that a $0.25 can of soda now costs $2 and you get mocked on live national TV.

The only possible upside I can possibly see to this is maybe, just maybe, US Airways will get rid of that gawdawful coffee they offer and brew a real brand like Dunkin, Starbucks, or even Folgers...

Don't like it? Write you Congressman and Senators and tell them that you want re-regulation. Otherwise, stop yer b!tchin' about paying $2 for a drink on a $99 ticket that takes you 1500 miles across the country. :rolleyes:

I found an NWA flight on orbits 1 adult, june 30 to july 7...r/t $368 total...not $99..but still pretty darn cheap...that was 1 stop same a/c and pretty reasonable I'd say...the non stops were $555 on Delta up to $801 on Usair....plus $2.00 for a coke/pepsi :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back