USAirways Express Leather Jackets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psacowboy

Apparently they are letting USAirways and USAirways Express Pilots start wearing leather jackets as part of the uniform. I have already seen some mainline guys sporting them and they look pretty sharp. I have heard the supplier will be Gibson and Barnes and I am guessing it will be the skyliner model in black or a variation of it. They have a spot for wings on the front left and removable epaulettes. I have not seen anything official on it yet, anyone else have any info??

And to all you flamers that are going to tell me that pilots in leather jackets aren't cool, neither is the blue Columbo jacket I wear right now!! :cool: So lets see, JetBlue, Southwest, Alaska, and now USAir. Soon the whole pilot force will be leather clad!

http://www.gibson-barnes.com/

http://www.flightsuits.com/leather_skyliner.html

Last edited:
Maybe soon we can eliminate that stupid hat. I don't know anyone who actually likes to wear it. Are we naive enough to believe that it serves some practical purpose or somehow garners us more respect?

But doesn't Airways Express wear blue uniforms? What color would the jackets be? Black?
It looks good for the CoEx pilots because they wear black, but I cant imagine it with blue!

Yep. they are black. I have seen them in person and they look really sharp with the rest of the uniform. I am no fashion expert but I believe blue and black can go together. I agree with you all about the hat, but I don't see a conservative company like USAirways ditching those just yet. Come to think of it that tie I wear is kind of uncomfortable as well.....

Can't wait to hear where to get them, got a uniform allowance burning a hole in my polyester pants!

Last edited:
Why not just wear Hawian shirts and Bermuda shorts with sandles and company issued Ray-Ban sunglasses. Don't forget to offer our customers a complimentary margerita and be allowed to blast Jimmy Buffet music in the cockpit!:cool:

hmm...

Question is, do we have to get them through those companies? and are they techinically a-2 style or g-1 or what?

cause there's a local leather place that gets nice jackets @ incredible prices (not those crappy chain places in the mall) and is undoutably better quality than any of the crap we get from UTY and Cintas, or whatever flavor of the day uniform shop we have to buy our polyester infused 'uniforms' from.

personally, i'd like to switch to khaki's and golf shirts , nice all cotton comfort. no tie, no hat. and something other than dark blue and white.

in the meantime, can i wear my side laced antique brown motorcycle jacket? lol

Haven't you guys herd......

All Wholly Owned pilots are scoped from leather jackets pending the companies emergence from CH11 on March 31, 2003.

If US Airways does come out of CH11 then said WO pilots may wear leather jackets in accordance with the J4J agrement (leather jecket guidlines found in LOA 99999333991 sub paragraph 4567777ccc of the agreement).

Chris Beebe was not available for comment however Roy "I have a speech problem" Freuildlick said that any WO pilot cought wearing a leather jacket before 31 march of this year will be subject to mainline whiney grievance number nine billion four hundred fifty two.

i like the hat also. did a 4 day without the hat, kept forgetting my cell phone. it makes a nice holder while eating and/or on breaks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back