USAirways/American Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, I bet they would.

Also it makes sense to buy part of LCC. I do not see them buying all of it.

Yup -

AMR buying part of LCC

JetBlue buying the PHX hub.

JetBlue pilots agree to merge list using Nicolau Award.

AWE PHX Pilots start new Union because of Nicolau integration formula - 5 year Jetblue Captain now senior to 10 year PHX First Officer.

Yup -

AMR buying part of LCC

JetBlue buying the PHX hub.

JetBlue pilots agree to merge list using Nicolau Award.

AWE PHX Pilots start new Union because of Nicolau integration formula - 5 year Jetblue Captain now senior to 10 year PHX First Officer.

So the Easties get stapled on the the bottom of AA's list ala TWA (and subsequently furloughed) and the PHX hub merges with Jetblue in relative seniority order. That sounds pretty reasonable. How about the LAS crews? What's your vision for them, exactly?

You have to wonder...

AMR has been talking with JAL and the rumor about buying parts of USAir Ways and now the articles about AMR increasing their liquidity. I doubt AMR has raised that kind of cash to readjust their <existing> route system. It is going to be a tough winter for some and AMR has cash for any future garage sales.

I have a question for yall. If AA just borrowed against future payout of the Frequent Flyer program (like 2012 to 2015 or something like that), what happens when they dont have that revenue during that time period and have to start paying back large loans?

Last edited:
So the Easties get stapled on the the bottom of AA's list ala TWA (and subsequently furloughed) and the PHX hub merges with Jetblue in relative seniority order. That sounds pretty reasonable. How about the LAS crews? What's your vision for them, exactly?

get2flyin -

Nope, APA and USAPA have already agreed to conditions & restrictions - 10 year fences around all pre-merger bases.

A

Metrojet

get2flyin -

Nope, APA and USAPA have already agreed to conditions & restrictions - 10 year fences around all pre-merger bases.

Metrojet

I have a question for yall. If AA just borrowed against future payout of the Frequent Flyer program (like 2012 to 2015 or something like that), what happens when they dont have that revenue during that time period and have to start paying back large loans?

The hope is that by then the revenue stream will be large enough to compensate. DAL did the same thing with AMEX two years ago, so it is really not something new.

get2flyin -

A

Metrojet

No way USAPA would ever agree to that. Based on their history, they will demand DOH without fences so they can get all the flying they're entitled to. They would hate the see the "Rookies" at AA try to steal their seats. Once it becomes clear that they aren't getting what they want, THEN they'll DEMAND a 10 year fence and blame the other side for refusing to negotiate. When that doesn't work they'll try to oust APA and insist on lifetime separate operations because Dallas is just a "Worthless Leisure Hub" and CLT and PHL shouldn't have to support it.

get2flyin -

Metrojet

I don't believe APA members (more than 50% of which have been FO's for a VERY long time) having any appetite for this kind of deal.

They are still fuming about TWA getting too good of a deal.

We'll see.

TC

get2flyin -

Metrojet

Has anyone told APA about what they've agreed to yet? They haven't even staffed a committee to negotiate an integration, let alone agree to one.

Latest resources

Back