USAir guys at Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DougsRule

Are there many furloughed mainline guys over at Republic? What are the working conditions like and what are the main bases?

Thanks,

Daiquiri Doug

Why would you be considering going to Republic now? By mid-summer they will likely have called you back to mainline at the rate folks are bypassing.

Are there many furloughed mainline guys over at Republic? What are the working conditions like and what are the main bases?

Thanks,

Daiquiri Doug

Half the captain slots at Republic are furloughed USAir guys and gals. Roughly 60 or so..... Some are getting call backs and leaving, some are staying. Bases are DCA, PIT, and IND.

Why on earth would you want to go to Republic of all places. I mean, It would be a good idea if they didn't have the 2 year training contract, that way you could go through training and make them pay for it and then resign and wait till the summer when they call your number.

Be careful about coming to RW if you think you might be recalled before the end of your agreement. Flew with a couple of J4J Captains in Dec and Jan who have been recalled but RW is holding them as long as they can. My understanding is they have to pay you the pay rate you would hold at mainline (once recalled), but I think they can hold you for two years from the date you started working at RW. Apparently they were not holding people until a few months ago when we started to run short of pilots.......

I'd advise you to talk to some of the J4J guys at Republic before coming here....

Last edited:
They can (and evidently will) hold you for the first 12 mos of employment or 9 mos after your date of recall, whichever comes later, according to LOA91. They do have to compensate you for the mainline pay and benefits you would be receiving while withheld. If you are recalled to mainline prior to your 2 year training contract expiration it is waived (only for recall to mainline).

Sounds like the last call letters are going out to the APL pilots for the J4J program as a whole, as all pilots preferencing a Captain's slot have been awarded such. Now you guys at the regionals (particularly RAH) will see the benefits of the program as you will keep all of the flying that was outsourced to you at the low cost of only 50% of those seats. Soon you'll have 100% of those seats for the 175s and you'll backfill all vacancies created by recalls and it will become evident to any naysayers why this was a good deal for y'all (unless you desire to fly for mainline someday of course).

Last edited:
They can (and evidently will) hold you for the first 12 mos of employment or 9 mos after your date of recall, whichever comes later, according to LOA91. They do have to compensate you for the mainline pay and benefits you would be receiving while withheld. If you are recalled to mainline prior to your 2 year training contract expiration it is waived (only for recall to mainline).

Sounds like the last call letters are going out to the APL pilots for the J4J program as a whole, as all pilots preferencing a Captain's slot have been awarded such. Now you guys at the regionals (particularly RAH) will see the benefits of the program as you will keep all of the flying that was outsourced to you at the low cost of only 50% of those seats. Soon you'll have 100% of those seats for the 175s and you'll backfill all vacancies created by recalls and it will become evident to any naysayers why this was a good deal for y'all (unless you desire to fly for mainline someday of course).

No, I like flying for regionals better.

Half the captain slots at Republic are furloughed USAir guys and gals. Roughly 60 or so..... Some are getting call backs and leaving, some are staying. Bases are DCA, PIT, and IND.
They are getting call backs..but republic is holding them for contract term one year plus nine months..Us Air will not allow them to just quit. I think the ones that are staying or turning down the recall should be bumped out of their captain positions and put back into Republic Seniority and hold the positions they can hold in that list....I Smell Greivence...come on guys.

Talk to the guys at PSA about J4J's being held and some not going back to mainline even when called and keeping Captain's seats for life at PSA!

Latest resources

Back