• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAF wants retired rated officers back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Work for half pay? YGBSM, although it'd be worth it if they could guarantee a flying assignment pulling the trigger on terrorists for the duration.

Last edited:
Was told that the recall act will not allow for promotion. I think the message even states that. Any one in the know, know? Thanks.

"Was told that the recall act will not allow for promotion. I think the message even states that."

The Colonels and Generals will love having a bunch of old geezers around who don't have to kiss their a** for promotions.

That'd be fun to watch. But Draginass is correct, you're in effect taking a pay cut equal to your retirement if you took them up on it.

Not worth it for staff duty.

Jim

JimNTexas -
You're datin' yourself with a picture of that Spark Vark!

The USAF still can't manage the rated force worth beans. I remember 10 years ago we were RIF'n B-1 navs right out of RTU onto the street. We in the units complained that in 2 years there'd be a shortage. Sure enough, 2 years later navs were flying 3-4 times a week just to keep pilots current. What an abortion -- and it only gets worse from here.

I love it when these generals thump their chests and proclaim how great everything is, then they can't even run relatively small campaign without recalling RETIREES, for crying out loud.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back