• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAF VC-25A ('Air Force One') Tagged?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I watched the video. I was secretely hoping the SP's would shoot one of these punks and it would be caught on tape.

Technically it is very, very good and looks real. Until I found out it was fake, I was shocked and pi$$ed that the security at Andrews could be so lax. Part of me is still wondering if it's real and the Government simply won't acknowledge it happened out of embarrassment. Something like "OK video guys, you got us. Put a disclaimer on your web site that the video is faked, and we won't put you in a federal prison for 20 years."

In fact, the more I think of it, the more likely that such a 'deal' could easily have been cut by the feds. There was not a single thing in that video that looks fake. Especially the part where they run up right next to the left wheel truck.

Last edited:
Back in the late 80s an SR-71 got tagged at Mildenhall, and it happened to a couple of our F-111s at Upper Heyford.

I always suspected the Sky Cops were busy hasseling some maintainers and aircrew at the time.

I was secretely hoping the SP's would shoot one of these punks and it would be caught on tape.

Many years ago, I had a First Sergeant in my squadron who had previously been Security Police. He had been stationed at Griffiss AFB back in the 80's when the "unilateral nuclear disarmament" wackos were in their hey-day. In fact, he was at Griffiss when the protesters snuck on base, got onto the SAC alert ramp, and threw red paint onto a SIOP alert B-52.

The sky cops, and the base leadership, at Griffiss paid a pretty heavy price for letting that happen. I asked this guy that if he had been on duty that night, whether he would have shot the protesters if he had seen them (he would have been operating within his ROEs to open fire).

He told me that he probably would have tried to run them over first with his vehicle -- less paperwork than if he had discharged his weapon.

I posted this question to Snopes.com . They sent me an email that said they think the airplane is the civilian airplane used in the movie "Air Force One".

JimNtexas said:
Back in the late 80s an SR-71 got tagged at Mildenhall, and it happened to a couple of our F-111s at Upper Heyford.

I was at the International Air Tattoo in '83 (maybe '84, it was the 25th anniversary of the F-4) at RAF Greenham Common when an SR-71 got tagged during the night. It was outta there in a hurry.

Same morning, we came out and found our KC-10 had been moved. We thought someone had come to get it without telling us. The staff moved it to a "more secure" area.

It looks real as he runs across the golf course at ADW to the AF1 hangers that are over there, hops the fence etc. But with all the cameras and security on that plane, I don’t believe it to be true. Back in the early 90’s when that jet came out, the backup for AF1 was at Mather AFB so me and another fellow crew dog took our SOF truck out to get a closer look since it was on our ramp. Within 30 seconds the SPs where on us like stink on $hit!

Widely reported in todays paper and national news (FoxNews). They used a B747 painted "similar" to AF1 and actors (guards). The makers comments was "I wanted to make a cultral statement." :rolleyes:

Apparently the video raised quite a storm at DHS and Secret Service, not to mention the USAF.

Latest resources

Back