USAF approved suppliments?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jstock

Does anyone know of a list of USAF approved or unapproved suppliments?
I have been looking for some time now and can't find any info.

Thanks
JS

No Andro

The only one I have heard mentioned is Andro. It's now in the same piss-test category of illegal narcotics (heroin and/or coke). It's even posted in signs in the Luke gym. Like mentioned above, I've told various flight docs, Guard and active duty, about every store-bought supplement I've ever taken (protein powders, EFA's, multi-vitamins, ginko biloba, creatine, glutamine, chondritin/glucosamine), and none of them really cared. Hope it helps.

Peace,
DP

I am aware of the "Andro-Ban" recently signed into law. My issue is that I am still a cadet for another year and everything that we do seems to be amplified. Therefore IF I take anything I need to be extreemly carefull. Also, many of the cadets in my det are asking me the same question that I have posted here so I am not the only one wondering. I brought this to my cadre and they were able to get the info on the Andro-Ban but nothing else. There must be some do not use list out there.

Mainly I am specifically researching Nitric Oxide along with creatine. I figure most meal replacements (bars, shakes, etc.) should be fair game.

Thanks for the previous replies,
JS

Call your UPT base and get in touch with a flight surgeon. He'll help you out. They have easy access to a list, and it seems like some bases have slightly different policies than others....so it'll help to talk to YOUR future flight surgeon.

Latest resources

Back