USAA Opens Doors to All Military

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW! Sour Grapes!

The former enlisted past clears up your disdain for the over due Credit I will get.

Not enlisted distain at all. I have worked with dozens of former military IP's. Some are very good, some fair and some I wonder how they ever got wings at all. By "Giving" a CFI to some one who was a IP once in their life with out any other check is a gift. It is not the good or fair former IP's I have a problem it is the "Wonders" who will not be checked prior to their CFI.

But when they screw up they will discover what a 44709 is and be "re-examined" by an FAA Inspector using the CFI PTS.

As for your "Due Credit", only time will tell. Not knowing what your background is/was I have no idea how good you are. I just do not think giving out CFI's will help in any standardization of the Instructor pool. In my experience the pilots who stand up and demand respect for past experience may not be able to do so well now. The ones that do the job with out bravado usually don't need it.... A good friend of mine has a fist full of medals he was awarded in Vietnam. He was shot up and shot down several times. It is funny how he is not pounding on my desk to fill out his Military comp CFI. Not once has he said he is due any thing. I have the form ready when he shows up. I have seen him teach and he can teach any of my family, any time.

Oh, and I was Enlisted and an Officer. I have had other titles, now I am an Inspector.

Last edited:
Not enlisted distain at all. I have worked with dozens of former military IP's. Some are very good, some fair and some I wonder how they ever got wings at all. By "Giving" a CFI to some one who was a IP once in their life with out any other check is a gift. It is not the good or fair former IP's I have a problem it is the "Wonders" who will not be checked prior to their CFI.

But when they screw up they will discover what a 44709 is and be "re-examined" by an FAA Inspector using the CFI PTS.

As for your "Due Credit", only time will tell. Not knowing what your background is/was I have no idea how good you are. I just do not think giving out CFI's will help in any standardization of the Instructor pool. In my experience the pilots who stand up and demand respect for past experience may not be able to do so well now. The ones that do the job with out bravado usually don't need it.... A good friend of mine has a fist full of medals he was awarded in Vietnam. He was shot up and shot down several times. It is funny how he is not pounding on my desk to fill out his Military comp CFI. Not once has he said he is due any thing. I have the form ready when he shows up. I have seen him teach and he can teach any of my family, any time.

Oh, and I was Enlisted and an Officer. I have had other titles, now I am an Inspector.

Threats? You continue to play the part. When asi's pound their chests it furthers the negative stereotypes.

Thankfully I can hope you are a bored CFI and not a real FAA employee with the proverbial chip on your shoulder. I'll go forward with the better interactions with FAA employees as a frame of reference and lump you in with the 'other two' appendage challenged people I met from the FAA.

Again, before you continue to beat the shrill drum of 'standardization', address your own agencies lack of it.
Enjoy your bitterness.:cool:
Been fun.

Ok?

He is Commander and Chief but not an Officer or Enlisted........ Do you think USAA would deny him coverage???

I never called all Officers any thing. My comment was to the poster who was grouping Enlisted as not worthy of USAA.
OK...if that's the way you think it reads. Makes me wonder if you have "English Proficient" on your ticket. I don't think the "Commander in Chief would qualify for USAA, especially with that bowling alley in his house.;)

Latest resources

Back