• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAA Opens Doors to All Military

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I have seen in another thread, 3 out 4 are not qualifed to join the military, so we already have a screening process in place. There is a certain level of responsibility in these E's that is not found in the general population. I say bring'em all, they will be a welcome addition to a great organization.

USAA is running radio ads trying to sell their auto insurance in the Denver market. I do believe that they are trying to reach a lot more civilians. The USAA of the past is gone.

only time will tell

USAA is running radio ads trying to sell their auto insurance in the Denver market. I do believe that they are trying to reach a lot more civilians. The USAA of the past is gone.
I believe USAA was built on customer service, that is their niche. They are not driven to soak every dime to the bottom line and big bonuses. They are governed primarily by high ranking retired military. These people have mantra of serving and people before self that will guide USAA through this process. I have nothing but great confidence in the future at USAA. Much like my 45 years experience at Navy Federal Credit Union.

I left USAA this year after seeing a huge spike in rates and decrease in service. This was after using them for 25+ years. I posted a thread about the experience on A=P=C if anyone wants to read it...a USAA rep actually piped in at one point.

USAA's old model was less folks/low risk demographics= personal service and good rates. They are now expanding the risk pool and attempting to grow. Don't know if is different management, more clients, or whatever, but my rates have gone up and the service down the last 10 years, so I moved. I ended up saving almost $4000 on my FLA home in the process, and about $300 a year on auto by switching to Progressive. Your experience may differ based on your location, but you can at least take a look and see what works for you.

I know my homeowners policy has gone down in value over the last three years. THe price goes up and they cover less.

I have never called them about a thing... other than to find out why they are taking away something else.

I know my homeowners policy has gone down in value over the last three years. The price goes up and they cover less.

I have never called them about a thing... other than to find out why they are taking away something else.

Pay for what you get.

I know my homeowners policy has gone down in value over the last three years. The price goes up and they cover less.

All insurance companies have done this due to a loss in their investmetns due to the markets dropping. The real proof of an insurance company comes when you need them. Do they delive?r, it is worth it to pay more and get service?. I use Avemco for my airplane, it costs more. I lost an airplane in a hangar fire due to a lighting strike. They paid up full value in 10 days with no deductible, because as they said it was an act of god.

Latest resources

Back