USA3000 interviewing Experience, what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On Your Six said:
What percentage of newhire pilots have A320 types or experience vs. non-A320 experienced pilots? Do they have a prorated training bond?

Flying an A320 to the Caribbean every day and getting home every night doesn't sound too bad to me... Where are the pilot bases again?
A while back all they wanted was people with A320 time but lately I have noticed a lot of new hires without A320 time. No training bond.

Bases: Chicago, New York, Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, Ft. Myers, Milwaukee (seasonal).....I did the early show today so I am too tired to think....I think we have a few more.

On Your Six: If you live in base life is good, if you commute, it's not so great. It is nice to be home every night (I don't commute).

RVSM: Luckily I have had a pretty good experience here (unlike some of my comrades). I am sorry that HR blew you off like that.

How many new A320's did you just get? I read 2, but then someone said 4. Any idea on where you may deploy them? And, how long are those Punta Cana flights as turns? That would seem like a long day.

Bye Bye--General Lee

HR Feed back:I'm tired and I'm not taking it anymore!

It is not worth even writing about anymore......let it surfice that I will not be looking for work again with this company.....and they know where I stand about what happened,

Last edited:
General Lee said:
How many new A320's did you just get? I read 2, but then someone said 4. Any idea on where you may deploy them? And, how long are those Punta Cana flights as turns? That would seem like a long day.

Bye Bye--General Lee
General, I was told by the HR rep last week that they just received 2 A320's on lease and 2 brand new one's the next day. I was told in the interview that Apple Vacations has had to supplement USA3000 flying (owned by Apple) to other outside carriers...this came from the CP....I dont know the answer to the other Q of where these acft will be used....

RVSM410,
Sorry to hear about your interview experience. Mine in November was the exact opposite.

HR was very polite and professional. They bent over backwards to get me a hotel room for the interview at the crew rate. All of the folks I talked with during the interview were also very friendly. Nobody was even a little confrontational. I was left with the impression that is the type of company that wants to take care of its own. Most everyone that interviewed that day felt the same way. Sadly, half were rejected.

Recently, I also heard the rumor that the COO was over in Europe looking at some A330's. I heard that they're farming out a lot of Hawaii flying and want to bring it back in house. Also heard that they wanted to pick up 6 to 10 of US Airways A320's if they fold. Anybody know if it's true?

I have a couple questions if someone "in the know" cares to answer:

1. Health insurance. Do they have it, what does it cost, is it any good?

2. Schedules. How's pref bid working out? Are the trips commutable? If I get hired what's the QOL for a commuter?

3. 401K. Is there one? Any matching?

username said:
RVSM410,
Sorry to hear about your interview experience. Mine in November was the exact opposite.

HR was very polite and professional. They bent over backwards to get me a hotel room for the interview at the crew rate. All of the folks I talked with during the interview were also very friendly. Nobody was even a little confrontational. I was left with the impression that is the type of company that wants to take care of its own. Most everyone that interviewed that day felt the same way. Sadly, half were rejected.

Recently, I also heard the rumor that the COO was over in Europe looking at some A330's. I heard that they're farming out a lot of Hawaii flying and want to bring it back in house. Also heard that they wanted to pick up 6 to 10 of US Airways A320's if they fold. Anybody know if it's true?

I have a couple questions if someone "in the know" cares to answer:

1. Health insurance. Do they have it, what does it cost, is it any good?

2. Schedules. How's pref bid working out? Are the trips commutable? If I get hired what's the QOL for a commuter?

3. 401K. Is there one? Any matching?
All the rumors you heard, I have heard as well.

Health insurance: Luckily, I haven't used it yet except for routine stuff. I have a $15 copay. They have Aetna. I think it is expensive (the cheapest for single is about $82 a month) but I am starting to think a lot of other carriers' plans are a lot too.

Schedules: Too much to write about. I like pref bid. We have had issues but I would rather have it than lines. Commutable trips? Not really. Commuters QOL is not good from the word on the street. I wouldn't know...I don't commute.

401k: There is one. Match only 2%.

I take it you are in the pool?

Well ....

I was told I was successfull at the interview and I've done the drug test. So far so good but nobody has told me I'm swimming yet.

I was also told it would be for "seasonal" employment. They were very honest about it in the interview. They indicated that a couple of the leased airplanes were going away at the end of the peak season and it would reduce their staffing requirements given no other changes. They said they wanted us full time but couldn't guarantee it.

Would they really spend the money on training somebody in say a Jan. class just to turn around and lay them off at the end of the heavy travel season in April or May?

Me too.

At first I was very impressed with there manors, I too thought alot of the company and wanted to work for them for some time. I thought I was in, I was told I was in.....then politics what they are, caught this HR guy right in the shorts, as I was already to meet the COO.....

Anyway, I may have been too hard on him, I think he is over worked with a plate full of tasks and I just fell through in the mix of his day.....Oh well. I do wish those of you at USA3000 the best and the company success, My posts here and the emails to HR were written for the betterment of all existing and future folks interested. They have good bennies, I had the package but tossed after the blowup......If I remember correctly Medical for emplyee only was $89 per pay period, and $370 for you and your spouse per pay period (two weeks) of course this was for regular folks, I dont know if it is different for the pilots union or not.

I was told J/S was tough, but a few agreements, good family travel, better then average dental and a vision plan.....

My final comment to this subject is this: I am sure this a better than average company, I did alot of research on them, on Apple Vacations their owner, and their plans to aquire larger acft from whomever a good deal turns up, i.e. USAir. I see them in an self supporting market nitch and a good future. My experience with them was most likely a very unusual event, and I still believe my situation could have been handeled much more expeditiously then it was. He is human and made some mistakes which he ended up apologizing.

As to the company, we all know the good ol boy system is alive and well everywhere, I dont who this young dispatcher is they are hiring, does not matter, but hewas at least honest enough to tell me the story.....Maybe I am jealous that I dont have an insider somewhere to pull me in.....life goes on...good luck to all there and to USA3000.

5 year CA pay = $8270/month
1 year FO pay = $3750/month

A-Plan = no
B-Plan = no
401(k) = no
profit sharing = no

each day over 15 flown in a month = $500 per day for CA, $300 for FO

I handed my resume to one of their pilots at an AIR conference. (I am USAF with over 5000 hours heavy jet experience) The guy glanced at it , asked if I had any 121 time. I told hime no, that I had spent the last 20 years flying for the Air Force. He took my resume and wrote "121 time zero" in big letters across the front of my resume. Kind of rude I thought. Obviously at least one USA3000 pilot has issues with military pilots. Haven't lost much sleep over the experience though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back