USA3000 interviewing Experience, what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

I am just wondering if anyone here has had any recent interviewing experiences at this company, good or bad, flight or non-flight positions? I have my own story, but would like to hear what others here have to say. I will post mine once its over, still ongoing for now...I guess....

I did hear from an employee that they just got 2 new A320's ans 2 leased 320's this week. I would expect a fair amount of hiring going on. How has HR treated you during the interviewing process? Have they followed up with contacting you when they said they would. More to come..

Well they are advertising $59.00 one way from FLL to the North East.
This doesn't bode well for someone considering a career decision. Once again employees subsidizing cheap air travel. TAXI!!! TAXI!!!
Should I pay $59.00 to PHL or should I buy those Nike Air Jordan's at 100.00 a pair. Decisions, Decisions.

That was constructive and on topic....lets see, I guess you get what you pay for is your input? They dont sell everyseat in the airplane for $59..the pay at the company is very good.....it was no the intent of my post to Bash USA3000. They are in a pretty unique position being owner and the seats filled by Apple VAcations.....they just took delivery of 4 more new A320's this week....how bad are they doing?

Nice layovers in resorts?

Do you guys get decent layovers at these resort destinations (e.g., Punta Cana and Cancun) or do you mainly fly out and back with max hours per day? Can someone give an example of a 3-4 day trip?

Sounds like you will be doing some additional hiring soon - I hope so...

Mostly out and backs. For example, show at 0500 and back around 1600. 9 hours of flight time. I like it. I have not done an overnite yet. We just hired around 50 pilots and have some in a pool, so I don't think we will be hiring that soon....sorry. I could be wrong.
By the way, HR was fine to me during my interview. I got a letter in the mail 2 1/2 weeks after the interview.

Well it over now, What a joke!

To make a very long story short: I was asked to come up for an interview, decided to pay my own way to PHL, (I could have drove several hundred miles to fly on the company Acft).
Once I get there, I find a very nice large 2 story Brick building, complete the application only to be stood up by HR and the SOC manager!
The CP is the only one there to interview, so I make the best of it. I did well, answered allot of abnormal question for a dispatcher, but since I am a pilot as well, I was able to do fine...he was a nice fellow...I did well and I was done in 25 minutes....

I get called 2 day later by HR says I did great, he wants to hire me but I have to come back up to meet the COO for final approval...cool,, right..

I get an email that night, to not buy tickets to come back up, he would call me with details on Monday....no calls or emails were received. After several calls and emails of my own, he finally calls me a week late...

The HR guy tells me he was TOLD "you will hire this local KID with a fresh DX ticket" and forget what he already had done, Bam !!! I am out; the kid is in, sounded like it was the good ol boy network at its best.....

Now I know this sounds like I need some cheese to go with the wine, and I do, thanks, but how unprofessional is that? I should have seen it coming when they did not show for the interview....

Get offered a good Dx Gig, only to have it taken away because of an internal mistake and some persons kid needing his/her first dx job...Nice huh...It sure tells me that there is little if any integrity in this GD industry anymore. It ticks me off even more because I turned down an Interview with Polar/Atlas the day I was offered the job at USA3000......

I hope those of you here that work there, don't take offence to my post, but this is the facts of the matter. I am sick and tired of this Crap and nonsense.

As pilots, I would be more worried about some fresh 23 year old kid cutting releases for my 320's and what management is thinking to overlook me and many other people with lots of dispatch and flying experience for a greenie...God bless and I'm over it...

Last edited:
What percentage of newhire pilots have A320 types or experience vs. non-A320 experienced pilots? Do they have a prorated training bond?

Flying an A320 to the Caribbean every day and getting home every night doesn't sound too bad to me... Where are the pilot bases again?

To the ex-future dispatcher :

Sorry to hear about your experience. I am not surprised though. They are treating their employees even worse...

I currently fly for them, and yes, I am worried about a 23yr old DX cutting my flightplans. Believe me, this place is growing, but out of control...

We have a saying at this place : if you can't afford Greyhound, you buy a ticket on us...

If anybody has questions about this place...I will be happy to pm with them...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back