• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA reporting AF landed long...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
oohh grammar police, grammar police! Mayday, mayday!!

never land into the direction of the earth's rotation I say. Do you have any idea how fast the earth is turning?!

Wankel7 said:
Wasn't the runway not grooved?

Wankel

I think all the runways at Toronto are grooved....but I could be wrong. I know at least some of them are. It's been a while since I've been there.

GravityHater said:
never land into the direction of the earth's rotation I say. Do you have any idea how fast the earth is turning?!

Why aren't students taught to never turn downwind when the wind is blowing in the same direction as the earth's rotation?

Hey any landing you can walk away from is a good landing! So what if over 300 people got a free slide ride. All sorts of experts around here!

GO, GO GADGET DOJET!

I saw a Speedbird 747 land almost halfway down 33L.

I was with my dad who at the time commented that it landed a biiiiiit long.

As soon as the pilot got the mains on the ground he went full reverser, spoilers and I'm sure he was standing on the binders like they owed him money.

I thought for sure he was going into the harbor but he finally eeked to a stop ON the tip of the runway, infact I think his nosewheel might have gone onto the grass a slight bit.

After sitting for several seconds, stopped, on the runway, he ran his engines up and had to turn the nosewheel full deflection to actually steer backwards to get on to the taxiway.

That one makes me think twice before I take BA.

Latest resources

Back