USA Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USA Jet Pilot

OK, I know I haven't posted on here in a long time and I promised to not bash...so here goes. Wait let me count to ten and take a couple of deep breaths........

I see and hear we are on a mass hiring boom, I am missing something or what? I also heard we are losing a couple of Falcon capts? I know the nines are busy. Management can ki$$ &*%&&@%@^@(@%$@%^....I had to get it out. bye, bye.

I came to USA Jet about ten years ago as the result of a union shutting down my airline. It was the last place in world I expected to be in my mid 50’s. I found the job in a garbage can, but that is another story. I was hired a Director of Training and given a blank sheet of paper to build a training department. I believe I was successful in that, most pilots who have been through our training will support that USA Jet has quality training. At that time, our turnover was running about 50% per year and having that turnover puts a tremendous burden on the training department. It was elected to pay our pilots more out of the savings that could be generated by reducing turnover and the associated training costs. USA Jet guarantee pay was raised well above industry averages in the on-demand cargo sector. The plan worked, turnover dropped to around 10%-15% per year. We have not hired a Captain off the street since 1998, I do not believe there is anyone else in the on-demand business that can make that same statement. The company wanted to make USA Jet a place where a pilot if they desired could make a career. I desperately wanted to help make this the best place to work in the on-demand business. The higher pays that part of this plan were predicated upon the ability to fly a certain levels in the on-demand market. The on-demand market is changing with the fortunes of the US Auto industry. In defense of USA Jet Airlines, it tried to break out of the on-demand mold and make the airline a place a person could make a good guarantee, have great training and great maintenance. A place someone might consider as a career. The on-demand business is too unpredictable. Company pay is above the average for the on-demand market. Plus it is certainly way above average in hard guaranteed days off. It is a tuff business. If anyone has an answer they could be a very valuable person.

Zantop

USA Jet was one of my choices that I gave a deal of thought as to where I wanted to make a career at. Unfortunately, I live somewhere other than Detroit and I'm not sure the wifey would be to receptive of the idea of moving there. Sorry YIP, hopefully one day the pilot positions within USA Jet will be home based/commutable. Thanks for trying to better our profession with this diamond in the rough.

CM

Tell us how you really feel.

Last edited:
USA Jet was one of my choices that I gave a deal of thought as to where I wanted to make a career at. Unfortunately, I live somewhere other than Detroit and I'm not sure the wifey would be to receptive of the idea of moving there. Sorry YIP, hopefully one day the pilot positions within USA Jet will be home based/commutable. Thanks for trying to better our profession with this diamond in the rough.

CM
i met a guy that claimed to commute to detroit for usajet

It's the best place in the whole wide world to work.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back