USA Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spencer

Rumor is that there are another 6 guys leaving to go to Spirit and possibly a couple more to go to Kalitta. I guess Connie is having a hard time filling the right seat of the 747. Can anyone confirm these numbers?

NK

Rumors are that Spirit has around ten in a newhire class the first of August. Our history is one of having hired a lot of USAJet pilots, (and connie for that matter), so I don't doubt that six USAJet pilots are coming to Spirit.
regards
8N

6 guys total

It is 6 guys total to Spirit, 2 have already left, so we are only going to loose 4 more this year to Spirit, 3 DC-9 and one DA-20 in the September and October classes. Names are being withheld to protect the innocent. Connie giving F/O 74 types to F/O's I hear, anyone know what they are paying

PilotYip, or any other USAJet pilot out there... i interviewed with you guys about month and a half ago... got hired! Im an ex-Reliant pilot and have been unemployed for almost 5 months now. I was told there was a July 8th class which a friend of mine from Reliant was going to be in, and another one in Aug. After talking to Randy Hotton a few days ago he said there wasnt going to be an Aug class and there were no plans for any future classes, and that, oh... if another job offer comes up i should take it. He did say it was a plus that i moved all the way from the west coast to be within 20 minutes of Willow Run.

I love to hear that your guys are getting hired, beyond just selfish reasons :) . What do you think or know about future classes?

Usa Jet Classes

Xfr8dog,

That is what I heard that they weren't going to hire anymore this year. The reason is by the time they get online the busy season is almost over.

Personally they should have hired more. They are very short crews right now. They also said they weren't going to recall some contract pilots that we had but they did. It's easier to bring them back because they were still current and qualified. They consist of furloughed airline guys that used to work for us.

I think it is going to get ugly fast. We are so busy that guys aren't getting their days off. I've even heard of falcon and 9 guys looking at commuters. 10 to 12 days on the road at a time is not fun. The company is not bringing guys home for their days off because they don't have crews to replace them with.

Latest resources

Back