1st yr FO Base & Mileage/Hourly

1st yr Capt. Base & Mileage/Hourly

Per Diem

Contracts

Upgrade Times

Misc.

Hi!

I'll do my best:

Now they are (supposedly) hiring for the Falcon 20.

They have DC-9s, which pay more and have more days off, and a shorter response time off of beeper.

YIP (Detroit)

28 day schedule-8 days off: 1 block of 8 or 2 blocks of 4. Each block includes a weekend day, if not the whole weekend. They don't fly much on the weekends.

65 hour guarantee, $43/hour. $1.58 per diem, 24-7 after you leave YIP until you get back. Last month 3 guys flew over 90 hours, so made an extra $1500 or so over guarantee for that month. Most guys breaking guarantee now.

Top Falcon capts last year made about $100K.

Cliff
GRB
2 yr. contract-$28K, basically non-proratable.

If you do a decent job about 12 months. They are non-union, so if you're not doing well, you won't upgrade to captain.

Cliff
GRB

The 65 hours at $43, is that for an FO or Capt? What's the pay rates for the DC-9's and how long does it take to get in one? Any benefits? What is the maximum you can live away from YIP?

Hi!

$43/Hr. is for FOs. The captains are paid a lot more.

The DC-9s are paid more than the Falcons.

While they prefer you live here, you can commute. One of my roomates is from Greenville, SC. Previously, a guy commuted from Alaska.

Some guys get hired into the -9s, others take 2 years?

Cliff

DC-9 pilot hiring

DC-9 pilots are only hired off of the street when there are not sufficient DA-20 pilots eligible to bid the DC-9, equip or seat freeze, rigth now all but 8 of the DA-20 pilots are egible to bid the DC-9. DC-9 F/O makes $56 per hour 55 hr guar. about 3K more than a DA-20 F/O. In 2 years all F/O's and Capts will make the same for the first 7 years and top out as a Capt in either airplane at about 85K, with two 6 day weekends every 4 weeks, bid periods run Wed through Tues 28 days blocks. I do envision hiring DC-9 pilots for 18-24 months. Of course the oonly thing for sure in the airplane business is change, so this could all be different in 6 months.

Latest resources

Back