• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Steady as she goes, couple more classes planned for this year based upon anticipated turnover. Guys are finding jobs due to the upcoming 2012 hiring boom.

I keep thinking I am the OOD (U) and I have the deck

What is the typical upgrade time at USA Jet?
I'd be coming in with approximately 3300 total hours, 1500 multi, fwiw. (0 turbine)

What is the typical upgrade time at USA Jet?
I'd be coming in with approximately 3300 total hours, 1500 multi, fwiw. (0 turbine)
depends upon turn over, right now it is running at about 5 years on the 9 and three years on the 20. Three years ago it was 3 months on the DA20 and 6 months on the DC9. A year from now it might be 6 years or 3 months. It is all guess work.

Steady as she goes, couple more classes planned for this year based upon anticipated turnover. Guys are finding jobs due to the upcoming 2012 hiring boom.

Always positive, that's one thing I always liked about you, R. Don't listen to all the negativity sometimes found in this forum. You hired me in USA Jet back in 2000 on the DC-9, you are a good man with an upbeat attitude, keep it up.

depends upon turn over, right now it is running at about 5 years on the 9 and three years on the 20. Three years ago it was 3 months on the DA20 and 6 months on the DC9. A year from now it might be 6 years or 3 months. It is all guess work.

Ok cool, thanks.. so basically it's a crapshoot lol.

Being a bit older than some just getting into the 121 or 135 world, I'm kind of looking for places with quicker upgrades - doesn't seem like SIC turbine time is worth too much.....

It's never NOT been a crapshoot. But don't give up, man.
I've always found the supplementals where I've worked to
be pretty good gigs, if you knew what you were getting
into and were prepared for change. Again, good luck....

Latest resources

Back