USA Jet hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FCNelson

What is the latest on hiring with USA Jet out of YIP?

I know they were hit hard in '08 when the Big 3 domestic car makers were hammered in the global recession. However I've also heard they offered a chance to come back to those who were laid off, and are now growing, with limited hiring.

What is life like there?

Thanks,

FCN

Hi!

Most pilots were offered a chance to come back, but not all. No contract, no union, so the mgmt can do what they want.

Pilotyip is here and can comment on current hiring. They have been hiring for the -9/Falcon for about the past 8-9 months off and on.

Life has been steadily improving, it seems, but it is not as nice as in 2007/early '08, like most everywhere else.

cliff
LFW

Hi!

Yes. Apparently, Reserve Duty will require 9 hours of crew rest before starting your reserve, so 24/7 Reserve is dead, unless the -121 (and soon to follow, -135) organizations want to completely disregard the rules.

I have heard that it won't affect usaj so much, as they are doing more and more scheduled flying.

cliff

Hi!

Yes. Apparently, Reserve Duty will require 9 hours of crew rest before starting your reserve, so 24/7 Reserve is dead, unless the -121 (and soon to follow, -135) organizations want to completely disregard the rules.
cliff
but fire alarm cargo is still a high yield operation, and living by the rules while the cowboys make up there own rules will place a company at competitive disadvantage that may end up punishing the companies that live by the rules. BTW JUS hired 4 pilots this Monday looking at one more class this year.

Latest resources

Back