• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA JET Has Mass Layoff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The truth, as usual, is somewhere in the middle. I still back my statement that Express Jet is going to be all over the charter market this season. They have alot of planes sitting around that used to be flying their branded service that are now moving over to the charter market.
This fall could get very interesting, many are predicting a Legacy carrier to liquidate, and that could put 8000-10000 more pilots on the street. On the flip side, oil is quickly plummeting, and your going to see it below 100 dollar a barrel any day now. The whole dang industry is on the brink and it could go either way. USA Jet is in the same boat as everyone else. At USA Jet they do what is convenient, not what is right, because they don't have anything that dictates how things are done. Well, they do have a handbook, but that thing is junk. They proved that to me about 6 weeks ago. It's unfortunate, because YIP himself put alot of work into writing that book, but when the crap hits the fan they just did what they wanted, not what the policies dictated. I'm not stupid, I know that it is a business, and they are just trying to pinch a penny here and there. The difference between one company and another is "company culture" and ethics. The current company culture at USA Jet is awkward at best, and they are screwing people over to save a penny. The news flash here is that they have never claimed to had a loss. They only said that they are not making as much money as they want to be. Like someone said, they have deep pockets, but I have never seen a penny put back into the company. Unfortunately, again, sometimes they are spending a dollar to save a dime. All of these problems are being fought by everyone, yes including YIP, but when you have a CEO that is out of touch with his company you can only do so much. This problem is not exclusive to USA Jet. In today's business schools they do not teach right and wrong, they teach that someone wrong is someone elses right. We are seeing the manifestation of that in today's businesses.

Life is hard, get a helmet, and go about your day. I've got my helmet, do you have yours? :D

Last edited:
Let me finish your sentence Pilot yip. Porky is a rumor spreader. I am just asking Porky to back his claims with official names and sources.

So when I posted a mass layoff on 7-21-08 it was a rumor, huh. Looks like so called rumors are facts at USA JET.

facts, just the facts mam

So when I posted a mass layoff on 7-21-08 it was a rumor, huh. Looks like so called rumors are facts at USA JET.
Hey Porky, anyone can post a fact, although in your case it might be testing the limits. Bugs and Daffy were better at figuring this stuff, remember Porky was the befuddled one. However you posted there would be layoff on 9-15-08. That is a rumor and you are a rumormonger and there is no basis to your rumor. You have nothing to back it up. I publicity dare you to back up your words. You care to place public bet, or are you going to demonstrate your cowardly side and continue to hide?

Last edited:
Are you attacking the message or the messenger?

CE

The message which is false and challenge to the sender to stand behind its words.

Why not just call Healy or Clifton they trust you don't they? If your not an insider any more then just wait until Sep 15th. We'll see if what Porky says is true, Time will tell!

Exactly

Why not just call Healy or Clifton they trust you don't they? If your not an insider any more then just wait until Sep 15th. We'll see if what Porky says is true, Time will tell!
That is exactly the plan, Porky is a rumormonger and time will tell that it is wrong

Maybe he does know. The former head of flight following evidently didn't know that cuts were coming for the airline. When asked in July, he said something to the effect that cuts were going to be made to customer service and he hadn't heard of any for the airline.

And the rest is history. Hopefully you are right Yip.

Latest resources

Back