• Friendliest aviation community on the web
will do when I have them

Whats the QOL at USA jet vs Kalitta II.
It looks like the pay is higher at USA Jet

Training Contract?
nope, gave those up 15 years ago

Whats the QOL at USA jet vs Kalitta II.
It looks like the pay is higher at USA Jet

So what are you looking for? both places fly to the same crappy airports in the middle of the night, load cargo, sit on their butts for hours waiting for freight, and get the snot beat out of them by being outside of normal sleep cycles.

Depends upon what defines QOL, days off the same, KII provides a crash pad and car while at YIP. USA Jet has better benefits 401K, Medical, Vacation, sick days. KII has a one hour call out, JUS has a 30 minutes call. JUS has an active FRMP, KII not as much.

KII is a privately owned airline, JUS is a publicly traded trucking company called Road Runners

Last edited:
Last edited:
Huh, not bad for that kind of operation YIP...remember the "pilot shortage" that lunatic was babbling about 30 years ago? Seems like it might actually show up!

Huh, not bad for that kind of operation YIP...remember the "pilot shortage" that lunatic was babbling about 30 years ago? Seems like it might actually show up!
and it is only getting worse,even at these pay scales we are not being overwhelmed with applicants. Posted an ad for DC-9 F/O's four weeks ago and I have gotten about 6 qualified responses, and only one response in 10 results in a new hire. We have no problems here though that cannot be solved with money

1. Quality of Life, 2. Compensation, and 3. Modern Aircraft. Absolutely no if's, and's, or butts!

What defines QOL? I find a lot of our pilots line the fact they are home normally about 24 days per month if they live local

Latest resources

Back