• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usa 3000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are probably better off getting laid off in the sping (and it will happen)

The airline does NOT have CASS, and apparently has no intention of getting CASS or we would have it by now. So in the spring after the busy season everyone gets pushed backwards and reshuffled from base to base, and now you get to commute to ft meyers or St. louis or cle or somewhere without cass.

The PBS system is constantly manipulated by our head of scheduling so that you will be working day on day off. random reserve days will be placed in the middle of any groups of days off you might have. We have no long call, you have to be IN base for that one reserve day.

IF you are senior enough to hold the city you live, not so bad, even downright enjoyable at times. If you commute forget it.

If you know someone here have him/her show you the base bids. Don't look at the winter bases to figure out if you want to come. Look at the summer base before the extra winter aircraft is added, because that will determine where you end up in the spring, assuming you survive the anual furlough...

There are some commuters here who are happy. They are the senior person in their base. For them PBS works well. For the junior person in a base its a nightmare (unless you hate your family... then its heaven...)

Cheers
Wino

Hey Wino...Is Mitch L. still there???

Thanks...G:)

How junior is DTW? How is life there? Treated fairly? Good crews? What are min days off? Just curious, live in the DTW area and interested.

DTW was the junior base two years ago. Plenty of posts to read here about U3K, just do search.

Last edited:
Could somone in the know post something about the interview and training prosess at usa3000. It is my first choice of places to go.

Any updates to these posts? I have the time and I liked what the company was about on the website..but the furlough thing is a concern. Was thinking of putting in the app..

Anyone have any updates as to hiring plans? They still have a posting on career building. Thanks.

They have to hire to keep up with the attrition. Captains are flying in the right seat, and, they are flying f/o's around to cover other bases trips.

They have to hire to keep up with the attrition. Captains are flying in the right seat, and, they are flying f/o's around to cover other bases trips.

Do you work there? What can you tell me about getting on there?
Thank you for taking the time.

Latest resources

Back