Usa 3000??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the link.

Has anybody been through an interview or sent resumes or working yet?

Airbus is not our type, nor east coast location, but just wondering how those who are in the prefered group are doing.

Apple

These are the Apple vacatuion folks starting an airline.

If you know your history, think of Morris Air. Started to take vacationers by a company that chartered all their lift. Spirit started somewhat like this..

A320's. Money . Should be a good thing downstream.

Will be at AEPS career resource at AS3 in Indiannapolis late March,

My experience with USA3000 may be atypical, but here's my 2-cents:

In October 2001, I emailed them a copy of my resume, as directed in an AEPS magazine advert from July 2001. I emailed the resume to Jacqueline Foreman, whom the ad identified as Director of Human Resources. I went two months with no reply, and no replies to two follow-up emails (the advert didn't give a phone number to call).

Finally, in December 2001, out of sincere interest, intermittent impatience and mild desperation (my furlough date was rapidly approaching), I decided to pay USA3000 a personal visit.

I put on my best interview suit, put a resume, cover letter and several letters of rec in my briefcase, and drove to their corporate headquarters in Newtown Square, PA.

It turned out to be the Apple Vacations headquarters, and none of the Apple folks with whom I spoke had ever heard of USA3000. I finally found the offices of the airline in the basement of the building.

The offices were obviously under renovation, as might be expected with a start-up concern. I eventually found a lady who identified herself as Assistant Director of Human Resources (I will withhold her name). I explained that I had emailed my resume as directed in the magazine ad, and that I was there to follow-up. She checked and found no record of my resume.

Apparently, Jacqueline Foreman had left USA3000 shortly after placing the ad, and the company neglected to have someone else receive her email. So, my resume, and follow-up emails had never been received.

When I told the young lady that I was soon to be furloughed from my current airline and was very interested in an opportunity to interview with USA3000, she immediately lost interest in speaking to me. She assumed a very condescending attitude, and explained that anybody furloughed from another airline would be required to resign seniority. Also, I would have to sign a two-year, $30,000 training contract.

Those two facts alone are fine, but she took a very negitive attitude towards me. She certainly did not appear to be interested in talking to me. Her attitude indicated to me that USA3000 is not interested in talking to anyone on furlough from a major airline.

I maintained composure, told her nicely that I was still interested in USA3000, gave her my paperwork, and added that I hoped to have a chance to interview. Then I left. I haven't given much thought to USA3000 since.

On the flip side, I had the opportunity not too long ago to have dinner with one the first pilots hired at USA3000. He was a very nice fellow, and he felt very positive about his company and the business plan.

I see USA3000 airplanes flying in PHL, so I imagine the FAA route checks are complete and the airline is up and running. For the sake of anyone working there, I hope the company does well.

However, I had a very negative experience with the Assistant Director of Human Resources, and that soured any desire I had to work there. I would have thought that a company trying to start up in this industry (or any industry) would stress to their staff the value of positive first impressions.

KC-10 driver, I don't think your first impressions are abnormal by any stretch of the imagination. I know someone personally involved with this and they have been very suprised - not in a good way. I won't elaborate but I think you dodged a bullet.

I'm sure there are those who have had good experiences here too, so best of luck to all involved. All I can say is I hope our industry resumes reality again and we can all look forward to quality career companies hiring and movement to be had at them again.

Latest resources

Back