USA 3000 is shrinking

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCDU

Well looks like NYC base closing and they will be down to 9 planes by late April.

Good luck to the guys who turned down their recall to the majors.

Marty

Hasn't that place always been seasonal employment?

The company is growing from 10 to 12 for this winter. The two additional aircraft come online in December. These are two USA3000 airplanes that had been leased out to a German company for the last two years. This is different from the two Thomas Cook airplanes we have leased in the past.

However come this April those two airplanes will be leased back out to the German airline over the summer. Additionally our the lease we hold on our "oddball" airplane expires in April so it will be returned to the leasor. So the decrease come this spring will be 12 down to 9. By going down to 9, the NYC base will close.

Next November/December the two airplanes will come back from the German airline and be around for at least the winter and hopefully permanently.

I know a bunch of people there and they seem to like it. Most, if not all trips are out and backs. I personally would stay far away from this place. Wouldnt want to be at an airline where their airplanes fluctuate with the season. With so many majors hiring right now, I think you will be better off with them. Just my opinion.

Latest resources

Back