usa 3000 furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCDU

just found out that this airline is furloughing about 12 out of 80 pilots. they fly 320's for apple vacations.

I remember these guys at a Air Inc Job Fair last year. They didn't show me much interest because I didn't have a A320 Type Rating. My DC-10 and 737 TRs weren't good enough for them. In retrospect, glad they didn't hire me, or I'd be one of those 12 unfortunate pilots.

Sorry for the furloughees. Hope they get back soon....

USA 3000

So what happens to their $30,000 two year training contract and that they made pilots resign their seniority?

What a shame.

Re: USA 3000

Little Duece said:
So what happens to their $30,000 two year training contract and that they made pilots resign their seniority?

In a furlough situation, where the company releases you from employment, you have every legal right to seek employment elsewhere. Their employment contract is no longer worth the paper it's written on, but every contract is different. I would seek an attorney's interpretation, just to play it safe.

Re: Re: USA 3000

750driver said:
In a furlough situation, where the company releases you from employment, you have every legal right to seek employment elsewhere. Their employment contract is no longer worth the paper it's written on, but every contract is different. I would seek an attorney's interpretation, just to play it safe.

Too bad a furloughed pilot couldn't sue their a$$. Rest assured that they would sue the pilot to get the training contract money if it were the pilot's choice to leave early.

Cheers!

GP

The training contract I signed specifically stated that the contract is no longer valid if the company furloughs me or terminates my employment for any reason.

Thus, if I get furloughed and then recalled shortly thereafter, I am under no obligation going forward.

But every contract is different

Latest resources

Back