Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Pilots indicted for accident in Brazil!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The United Auto Workers better step up to the plate too. Since these two guys AREN'T AIRLINE PILOTS ALPA doesn't have a dog in this fight. So the UAW, or the NEA are just as relevant. I find it hysterical that you could even consider blaming ALPA for inaction in this case.

I better see ALPA step up to the plate on this one or I will have lost the remaining faith that I have. I wish I was supposed to fly to Brazil - so that I could refuse to fly to Brazil.

Later

Another "voice of experience" piping in from the peanut gallery...

Yes you are right about these guys not being organized and paying dues. But this issue affects ALL pilots. It could very well have been American or Delta or any other scheduled carrier. So, APLA should and must get involved.

This is what happens when a *hit-hole 4th world country and their corrupt legal system want to scapegoat national of another country for incompetence, dishonesty, and corruption on their own part. ALPA should get involved as flying in Brazil can now be considered systemic safety hazard and a danger to your personal freedom.

I know I would not go back. US citizens will have no legal rights down there. They will end up in a Brazillian prison if they return. Good luck to both of them.

Wow.
That is amazing. They should not go back.
I do not see any way a case could be made, but it sounds like their minds are made up already.

I'm all for a Brazil boycott. Giving up Brazillian waxes makes more sense than Freedom Fries.

Really - the US State Department needs to get involved in this mess.

Have any of you ever seen a Brazilian prison first hand? It surely makes any big house here look like a Sandal's Resort. Trust me on this one. I've seen them. If you want to see a good "Hollywood" representation of one then watch the following movie Carandiru--http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808466450/info

Latest resources

Back