Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Military Cargo Outsourcing..Unbelievable!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone considered that US carriers may be subcontracting out the lift to these guys? DOD contracts as I understand them have to be awarded to US carriers. I know of an instance where a certain company that shall remain unnamed subcontracted these guys for some Afghan ops. Supposedly because the company "couldn't come up with the spare a/c" to do the trip. Irregardless of load, this does occur. Not saying its right, I'm just sayin....

Where did you come up with this crap!!! Any outsourcing to a foreign carrier is revenue that a US carrier could be collecting. Once again I had a friend that was told by my company that no US passport no interview because of AMC. So how do these Russians comply? Who said anything about wholly supported by the military.....? I hope your 6000 some odd other posts weren't the same type of drivel as this one.

How other contractors comply isn't really your concern. It's AMC's concern and the DoD's concern.

That one blames other contractors for Tradewinds et al going under, is ridiculous, and shows ignorance. US supplemental operators failing because they can't make it are cases of US operators failing because they can't make it. Period. The Department of Defense is under no obligation to shore these operators up. The operators aren't failing simply because they didn't get an extra military load they weren't capable of hauling.

Think about it. I'm sure there's a spark of intelligence in there somewhere that will kick in and bring you some enlightenment if you try hard enough.

At the same time, Americans are calling for foreign investments and ownership of US Airlines. The use of Antonov jets to fly cargo out of CHS is simply testing the waters to go fully Corporate and negate sovereignty and loyalty to the US Constitution and its citizens (you and I). By electing Bush and installing CEO's like Cheney and Rumsfeld, who do we think we were really getting...??

One of the reasons to keep US Airlines controlled by US entities is CRAF. When America goes to war it needs aircraft readily available....

Well, US Corporations like United, Delta and FedEx never claimed to be loyal citizens of the United States, especially in the 21st Century. Is there anything in the constitution that binds a US Corporate Citizen such as UPS?

Why is Haliburtons Corporate HQ in Dubai?

And don't forget cabatoge, in action, through Ted Stevens Int'l airport in AK, brought to you by who else? Convicted Senator Ted Stevens... the camels nose has been under the tent....

Globalization has no sovereignty. While we are all going after instant gratification of the dollar, we are selling out our citizenship......

That is a good start... however, representation on CapHill to counter the powerful Corporate lobby and their PACs is in order....

What would you rather be, if you had to choose? Or said another way, which is more important? Being a kick a$$ consumer or being an American?

Groan. Here we go again: an unhinged Bush/Cheney/Haliburton conspiracy kook. Now go back to your regular NoBama worshipservices on MSNBC.

Groan. Here we go again: an unhinged Bush/Cheney/Haliburton conspiracy kook. Now go back to your regular NoBama worshipservices on MSNBC.

Don't forget Rummy...! So do you want to groan or reply to Rummy's speech on 9/10/01. It is easier to just not deal with reality....

I suppose the lack of American made flags is a Bush/Cheney/Haliburton conspiracy to you also.

We'll they did elect them..... I suppose that means you too.....

Well, it's no secret that DHL has made a fortune flying USPS and FFV out of Bahrain and into IQ and AF. Kalitta et el would bring it as far as BAH, then DHL would take over flying the last leg into the war zones.

Those contracts were awarded to Kalitta, who subcontracted to DHL 'cause it was cheaper for them.

Money talks.

Yeah, and how is that working out for us.... even the Generals were stunned....

BTW have you seen the BILLONS missing?

http://www.google.com/search?source...iraq+contractor+fraud&aq=6&oq=Iraq+contractor

I see your point: We need people like Dick Cheney in positions of responsibility in our county. When he was running Halliburton everything was fine, now they've moved to the other gulf and can't keep track of money. We need people like Rumsfeld out to stop bureaucratic inefficiency and provide some management expertise in government.

Sorry Rez, but Cheney and Rumsfeld can't run the corporations and the government at the same time. You can't have it both ways.

I see your point: We need people like Dick Cheney in positions of responsibility in our county. When he was running Halliburton everything was fine, now they've moved to the other gulf and can't keep track of money. We need people like Rumsfeld out to stop bureaucratic inefficiency and provide some management expertise in government.

Sorry Rez, but Cheney and Rumsfeld can't run the corporations and the government at the same time. You can't have it both ways.

You're missing the point....

Rummy and Cheney ran the DoD and VPOTUS office like a corporation... and they used the US MIL and gov't to create a radical free market experiment in the middle of the desert to benefit corporations. First the contractors scored big time off the us tax payers... the second part was corporations to set up shop....but it was too violent.... and corporations backed out... now its just a mess... a failed business model....

Basically a couple of CEO's used the US MIL for an economic experiment... shameful and disgusting that our Soldiers were used in that fashion....

The central question.... why are we in Iraq?

Latest resources

Back