• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US LR 25 Missing after departing MMTY

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"It appears that one of the pilots was inexperienced, based on the temporary airman's certificate found at the crash site."

Yes, a Temp is like a learner's permit for pilots... :rolleyes:

I hate the media so much.

I still contend that putting this individual in a pilots seat of an airplane, ESPECIALLY a US owned and operated aircraft, is an act of criminal negligence and should be prosecuted.

Last edited:
Although, good luck going VFR only in a Lear 25. I think the old joke about declaring min-fuel on taxi out would actually apply.

Its part of the after take off check list...

Gear up,

Flaps up,

Minimum fuel declare...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not Part 91.

The U.S. NTSB is assisting Mexico’s Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil (DGAC) in the investigation into the crash of a chartered Learjet 25 that claimed the life of Mexican-American singer Jenni Rivera early Sunday morning.
[/FONT]

"It appears that one of the pilots was inexperienced, based on the temporary airman's certificate found at the crash site."

Yes, a Temp is like a learner's permit for pilots... :rolleyes:

I hate the media so much.

I'll have to agree, complete morons!!!

If you check out the article and other sources. This Starwood group has been in hot water with the Feds before, including DEA issues and a principal (?) etc. in prison for drugs, airplanes confiscated ...

Enough said! I don't think they had a Wyvern or Argus certification, duh!

Seen this before with ATP holding individuals that have failed checkrides and refused a 709 will/can be stripped of certain privleges that are negotiated. Not implying that this is the case, but seen it before and would explain the certificate. The guy WAS 78 going on 79 for christ sake.

A 709 can be ordered for anything that particular FAA inspector would like to see in a re-examination ride. I have seen it with a pilot not using a FMS properly.

78 year old CA and 20 year old FO... nose dived in... very odd.

Similar age difference with the G4 crew in France?

Whatever happened with that? NTSB report out yet?

don't recall that one... you got a link?

Latest resources

Back