• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Us Foreigners

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wondered how long it would take for an ignorant comment like that to surface.

Are you by chance of pure Native American descent? If not then there may be a whole population who feels the same way about you.

Flywrite, FFF,not:

You guys are a little over sensative. Its so easy to jerk your chain one doesnt even have to try. And your correct Im not of Indian decent. Sorry my nationalistic beliefs offend you. Go back to reading your ops manual and cool off.

Hey, you're the one getting all wound up over foreign nationals living here.

I have also heard some RUMORS that a few GC holders were hired by Comair from the academy. Supposedly the time and the hassle of this background check is really not such a big deal. Supposedly by the time they got into the class, they had their background done as it did not take too long. I have absolutely no info about the reliability of this at all. This is from my CFI btw who is also here at this forum so he may come and explain further if he wants.

From here it is off topic but since we are already off topic, as this seems to be the trend at flightinfo anyways, here it goes:

Being an immigrant myself I keep getting sick of those who decided to come here and apply for green cards, then get it just so they will abandon it later because they have never thought of making this place their final destination anyways. Or those who only come here to enjoy the freedom and the $$ they can make while badmouth and criticize the whole system and are not even willing to do anything to make it better or won’t even support their "new home" or won’t even try to learn the language.

Of course I am not saying Mr Proachpoint is one of them. I don’t know him or his reasons but on the other hand I can understand any native who would jump in after reading the original post, and make comments like: “you can’t have it both ways”. Because IMO you can’t or at least shouldn’t be able to. Becoming a citizen of a foreign world is not quite like when you go into SEARS and buy a camping tent to go camping. Then when you are done, you bring the now used goods back and get your money back no questions asked. If I am not mistaken you do take an oath when you become a permanent resident. I am not sure because I am still not one. Again, this may not be the case with Proachpint, so don’t take it personally IF and ONLY IF it is not the case.

Anyways I don’t think anyone cares to see into a mind of some future immigrants but if you are bored enough here is a discussion I had at an immigration forum may be a year ago with a few for whom I would buy a one-way ticket home anytime:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=57759

It makes even ME wonder why USA still lets people like these in.

so why bother posting such comment like that, dixie?

PS: Foreigner comments dont jerk my chain, I could care less, it's the ignorance that does it for me, that's all

here is answer to original ?

Have you flown and been trained in aircraft over 12500 LBS!

If you are , call number 1 703 414 9777 ext.369 this is department of justice number for Flightschoolcandidates.gov program!

Go to this website and but all your info there it is around 19 pages !

You need to have company to hire you to submit it !

There is several phases in this background check!

First you submit your info, then company who hires you goes and validates that you are candidate after that they do background check , in your case since you I assume are already flying aircraft over 12500 lbs you get to do this so called expedited way , which is faster maybe around 5-10 days!

If not it takes around 45 days from start to finish , last step is your fingerprints and after you have done that it is 2-5 days and they send you info that you are approved for training, if you have more question, pm me!

Yes and airlines are hiring, you might want to change your resume , so it is not so obvious that you are foreigner, that way you dont get discriminated because of your citizenship, yes I know it is agains the law , but so is many otherthings what happends in this country!

So but in application only info what they want and what are requirements to get the job!

forget extra languages, where you went high school etc...

Latest resources

Back