US East Bid 08-01

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crzipilot

First bid for '08 is out. Think it's effective Feb. Strangely enough, the reduction of positions seems to have stabilized, as there are no loss of total positions. With retirements and such, there are projected to be 21 new hires off the street for Feb. Bid. (this doesn't include however many they need to fill the vacancies off the last bid of Dec., that number is still an unknown)

Looking at past bids, there weren't any f/o's assigned to the 190 until Feb '07, which I think would indicate their freezes are up Feb '08, though not looking at the contract, not sure when the freezes actually started. Either way, worst case 15 pilots can bid off the 190, which would result in possibly 6 or so new hires to be able to hold grp II or higher aircraft.

Wouldn't say the East side, as I think this is the first bid there hasn't been a reduction in total positions, it's actually held steady this time. Since the merger there has been a continued pull down of total positions. How many positions has the West side lost?????

Overall it's a simple equation of the retirements finally out pacing the amount of positions lost.

First bid for '08 is out. Think it's effective Feb. Strangely enough, the reduction of positions seems to have stabilized, as there are no loss of total positions. With retirements and such, there are projected to be 21 new hires off the street for Feb. Bid. (this doesn't include however many they need to fill the vacancies off the last bid of Dec., that number is still an unknown)

Looking at past bids, there weren't any f/o's assigned to the 190 until Feb '07, which I think would indicate their freezes are up Feb '08, though not looking at the contract, not sure when the freezes actually started. Either way, worst case 15 pilots can bid off the 190, which would result in possibly 6 or so new hires to be able to hold grp II or higher aircraft.

Are your numbers taking in account the 140 or so J4J guys returning to Group II aircraft in March and April?

No, just going off the bid announcement. Which I really don't see where they are "reserving" or keeping spots open for the released J4J guys. Somewhere in the quigmire of their calculations, I would imagine they are dong so, but who knows. I think it might be a magical shift of mirrors, as they have had bids open, prior to having all the positions filled by recallees for the prev. bid. So even though there were 120 or so openings for Dec, there were still 50 or so positions open from the prev. bid. And the J4J guys will be starting to trickle out of their holds starting in Nov, but the big push I believe is Feb/March....

Looks like quite a few vacancies (Did not count them) for the left seat also. Hope age 60 does not change anytime soon / or a joint contract shows up.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back