• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US DOJ Suing to Block Meger of AMR and US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is all due to negotiation over the amount of DCA slots the combined business enterprise needs to surrender to prevent the DOJ's lawsuit from proceeding.

This was not a surprise. American and US Airways' execs knew the DOJ was going to file their suit because they were unwilling to give up the DCA slots the DOJ desires because it would create fare destablization.

Unless the DOJ files a petition for an emergency hearing and seeks a preliminary injunction, AMR's merger POR will be confirmed tomorrow. DOJ and US/AA will agree on slot divestitures within the next two weeks, and the POR/merger will be executed on August 29th.

It's a misnomer that federal regulators can block a merger. They can file a lawsuit to block a deal and DON'T have unilateral authority to disapprove a merger.

The corporate combination will proceed. Tomorrow Lane will approve it. The next couple weeks DCA divestitures will occur and the whole deal will be done this year.

Tomorrow?

GL. Is a lot of things, but not stupid . Not sure what he actually does, but he knows the industry better than most on here

You might want to look in the mirror on your stupiderer er.

You r stupider than horse********************. If merger is blocked, NIC is deader than ever, for now.

What's it like to have a single digit IQ?

No mirror, I am looking at you, idiot. No merger, no JCBA, no NIC for now, exactly like I said. How dumb are you?

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Go kiss princess lee.

No mirror, I am looking at you, idiot. No merger, no JCBA, no NIC for now, exactly like I said. How dumb are you?

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Go kiss princess lee.

Dude, I make twice what you do flying the same type planes (although larger 767s) across the Atlantic. You and your group suck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And that pay gap is enormously damaging to every airline pilot-

Hey DCA- do your republic express pilots still make 33% more to fly an e175 than your guys do to fly a 190?

And that pay gap is enormously damaging to every airline pilot-

Hey DCA- do your republic express pilots still make 33% more to fly an e175 than your guys do to fly a 190?

Wave I have no clue.

princess lee, good for you ($$$), u r still an idiot, in mom's basement.

Lane hasn't approved or denied anything. However, the Judge DID delay a decision until both parties (DOJ and AA) submit briefs that show prior precedent. Judge Lane wants to see how others have ruled in this type of scenario. Next week, the briefs will be reviewed, and Lane may rule.

Latest resources

Back