Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
md80furloughee said:
Again, Blaaaaaaaaaaa Blaaaaaaaaaaaa Blaaaaaaaaaaa

All you wannabe airline CEO's just shut up and fly what you fly!

All jets should be on mainline anyways. but that is another topic for another day.

MD,

Pull your head out of your arse.

md80,
That is the attitude that put all the majors in the situation they are in. Why do you DESERVE a jet, super-seniority, job priority, and preferential hiring at another company? I hope this all works out for everyone, but it is time to check the God-complex at the door and all of us need to remember where we came from. Group dug its own grave and Sept 11 pushed them in.

ex PDT Dash8 driver

"That would make absolutely no sense in the world. None, zero, zip. Why in heavens name would Airways place an order for 25 705's and lease them to Mesa."

As if USAirways has NEVER done anything that didn't make sense... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

hey md80furloughee puke,

put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger, do us all a favor.

You are no better than any of us so go funk yourself!

Just wanted to make sure noone confuses me with the previous poster. We've got similar login names. That's not the kind of thing I'd post.

They also ordered the Emb170(ERJ170) and taking delivery of the first one in Sept.

Sure it makes sense.

If they lease to a contract flier, they get the planes on the routes but don't have to pay the expenses of salaries, maintenance and everything else. They let the contractor handle all those expenses for less since they pay all their employees less.

Not saying that's the way it will happen, but denying it doesn't make sense won't change the fact that for the company, it would.

Re: Sure it makes sense.

WileE said:
If they lease to a contract flier, they get the planes on the routes but don't have to pay the expenses of salaries, maintenance and everything else. They let the contractor handle all those expenses for less since they pay all their employees less.

Not saying that's the way it will happen, but denying it doesn't make sense won't change the fact that for the company, it would.

I've said it a dozen times if not more, but apparently some just don't get it. Contracting does not save or make US Airways any money. Period. No matter how you look at it. The only thing it has been able to do was give the percetion to the public that Airways doesn't just fly turboprop aircraft in the Express operation. Hence giving Airways the oportunity to retain some customers without total loss. The money that those customers spend to take an RJ to connect in a hub does not cover the cost that Airways has to pay to the contractor.

The only reason its been done was the inability of Airways to secure its own RJ fleet (until now).

May 20, 2003
US Airways plans to consolidate Regionals

US Airways CEO David Siegel said yesterday that the company will consolidate the number of Regionals operating as US Airways Express carriers over the next several years. "Ultimately we will probably reduce it down to a couple of partners," Siegel told ATWOnline at the Regional Airline Assn. annual convention in Phoenix. "We don’t need 10. Two or three are more likely." He also said US Airways may consider the new Embraer 190/195 as a replacement for aging mainline aircraft over the next 5-10 years. He called the aircraft an "attractive option," noting its commonality with the 85 Embraer 170s ordered last week (ATWOnline, May 14).--Sandra Arnoult

My personal prediction:

ALG, PDT, and PSA merged into one with MidAtlantic operating on its own for fleet commonality issues. All you have to do is look at the oders and options then look at the scope relief to see what the future is for the contractors.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to say this again. PDT, ALG and PSA WILL NOT merge. The flow through is in effect now, but dosen't do alot of us any good.

I have asked this question to numerous people in Crystal City including the Pres, and they all dispell that this is what they will do with the three wholly owned. The three of us are more valuable to them sepearate then together in regards to asset's.
Also, they won't take the chance of what happened at Comair happen here with the strike and all.

It might seem logical, but from the company's standpoint, it's to much a risk.

Keep thinking.

Latest resources

Back