US CRJ700s may not be at a WO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

vc10

Aviation Daily is running a story saying that the US CRJ700s won't be at either MidAtlantic or at PSA and may not necessarily be at any of the Wholly Owned US Airways regional carriers.

The CRJ700s will be based in CLT. The story quotes senior US Airways officers: Siegel and Scheeringa.

Mesa already has CRJ700s and CRJ900s---it would be a cheaper and faster solution operationally than establishing the type at another carrier.

That is interesting... Piedmont has a base in CLT maybe they will end up with a couple jets after all...

One of the press releases says that the 700's will be CRJ-700 series 705's.
From what I hear, the series 705 is actually a 900 fuselage that carries less
seats. It has more first class seats and either 1 or 2 larger lavs, filling up
the
extra room. This will comply with the US scope clause since it is technically
a
CRJ-700 and meets the max seat requirements (75 I think). My money is on
Mesa leasing these jets and operating them under J4J.

WO changes

Just because the airplane is going to be based in CLT doesn't mean that PSA or Mid-Atlantic can't have a base there. PSA already knows that bases will be changing somewhat.

The planes that Airways is buying are going to Airway owned companies.

Mesa can buy their own dam planes.

Thats okay, I am sure once Group gets all these RJ's they can slower start phasing out this Contract Carriers and Keep all the money and flying within Group........

big dog1 said:
My money is on
Mesa leasing these jets and operating them under J4J.

That would make absolutely no sense in the world. None, zero, zip. Why in heavens name would Airways place an order for 25 705's and lease them to Mesa. The numbers game that would have to be played to make it a win win for Airways would be mind blowing.

Take a look at the orders and options numbers again and then remember that the scope relief is for 465 planes. You will see the contract carriers slowly disappearing. Contracting is not making Airways money. If it was they would have never placed this oder in the first place.

Again, Blaaaaaaaaaaa Blaaaaaaaaaaaa Blaaaaaaaaaaa

All you wannabe airline CEO's just shut up and fly what you fly!

All jets should be on mainline anyways. but that is another topic for another day.

actually...

All jets should be on mainline anyways. but that is another topic for another day.

Actually, if you want to get right to the nitty-gritty of the problem, there should BE no "mainline".

All AIRPLANES (regardless of seating capacity or type of motor) should be flown for the AIRLINE.

Had that been done decades ago we would not be having this argument. Every airplane from the Beech 1900 or J31 to the Airbus 330 should be on the SAME seniority list.

ALPA dropped the ball by deciding that "some" flying wasnt good enough for them. We are all paying the price for their arrogance.

Latest resources

Back