• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US and Australia announce Open Skies agreement--article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
is it a matter of time before DL opens a lax 777 hub to service the far east? perhaps some direct options as well as some lower-priced flights with an ANC stop to carry additional freight that the nwa 747's can't handle?

We have the gates (now occupied by ERJs), and we have the feed. Maybe they will exploit it. It is a gaping hole in our route structure, and it would seem like a good idea to most....

I don't know about the ANC stops, although Delta did have a nonstop from LAX to ANC this last Summer. I just hope they keep the cargo operation going. They have the cargo slots throughout Asia, so I am hopeful. The only thing I see as troublesome is the older 742 cargo fleet. What will replace them eventually? The current 744s?

Bye Bye--General Lee

777 frs. is it even possible dl would consider the freight world? on a decent scale, that is.

777 frs. is it even possible dl would consider the freight world? on a decent scale, that is.

Remember Anderson is incharge now, and he ran NWA. He knows a lot about the Cargo ops. The old Delta said "you can't make money in cargo." That is wrong if you have the valuable slots. But, NWA supposedly lost it's best cargo customer---DHL---to Asia. Hopefully they will find a large replacement.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Anderson's too busy to run cargo ops. who's sitting in the network section that knows about cargo ops?

a large replacement for what? Asia or customers? How about India in the former and USPS in the latter?

Anderson's too busy to run cargo ops. who's sitting in the network section that knows about cargo ops?

a large replacement for what? Asia or customers? How about India in the former and USPS in the latter?

He's got good peeps working for him, and at least he is familiar with the cargo ops.

As far as where we would fly the cargo, I bet the whole world could be possible, with the right A/C. Air France and KLM have their own freighter 747s too, and they are full to their own respective hubs.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I back the PAC!

....yeah we know Rez.....let us know how that works out for you.....

Are you opposed to more open skies agreements that would give US airlines access to more overseas flying such as Australia? Wouldn't this be good for US airlines since the yields are higher in international flying? We should be promoting things that make our airlines healthier.....

Latest resources

Back