• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

US Airways to charge $7 for pillows and blankets

bravodude

Total Time
TEMPE, Ariz. – If you want a pillow and blanket in coach on US Airways, it's going to cost you $7.
US Airways said Thursday it will begin charging for its "Power-Nap Sack" on Feb. 16. It's following the lead of JetBlue Airways, which announced a similar policy last summer.
Airlines are adding fees on checked luggage and now pillows and blankets to raise more money as they battle a downturn in travel caused by the recession. US Airways reported that January traffic fell 6.2 percent.
Kevin Jackson, a marketing official for Tempe-based US Airways, said selling the pillows and blankets "is a natural extension of our 'pay for what you choose and use' model we began rolling out last year."
Jackson said the sleep kit was an affordable way for passengers to increase their comfort while flying.
The kits include a 34-by-60-inch fleece blanket, a neck pillow, eye shades, foam ear plugs and a $10-off coupon for items in the SkyMall catalog. They come in a fleece drawstring bag embroidered with the airline's logo.

Browntothebone

Total Time
-
The $10 off coupon actually makes this a good deal. You make $3 by purchasing the "power-nap sack."

Scope out RJ's

Banned
Total Time
US Airways to charge $7 for pillows and blankets

Meanwhile, bravodoosh and the rest of the junior pilots at southwest will be applying for new jobs at volaris and westjet after the new contract is voted in.
At least all that money they spent on that type won't go wasted!:laugh:

SpaceBall 1

Props are for boats
Total Time
5000+
So.....if you pay $7 is it yours to keep or are you just renting the crap.

kf4amu

Total Time
you keep it, but it will count as a carry on the next time you try to use it.

1st Rate

Total Time
7300+
I'm sure the pax will have no complaints when they first ask for a blanket!

Mike man

Funk Master Flex
Total Time
5000+
Good for them...most people take them anyway might as well off set the cost...plus I'd rather have a fresh pillow and blanket instead of the nasty used one.

JumpersAway

Cruise Bores Me.......
Total Time
9000++
I can't believe this actually made national news. A recession, bordering on a depression, with a touch of out of control inflation and a dash of political incapacitation.................yet this is the news that makes the headlines in sections of the news media???