• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Take it or Leave it Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this is true, everyone should accept the recall to keep an ace in thier back pocket. If you don't intend on going back, just don't show up for class.
I would not feel bad about doing this either. As U management has shown us, it's every man for himself.

Let me understand this. US Airways is operating under two certificates, East and West. US Airways has not intergrated the two pilot groups. Both pilot groups are operating under different contracts. The arbitrator has not ruled on seniority intergration yet. They expect people to just run back to them and they haven't even put their own house in order?
This management just doesn't get it. Stop planning mergers and get the current merger complete. GET the UNIONS UNDER ONE CONTRACT AND INTERGRATE the EMPLOYEE GROUPS! The majority of folks that have accepted recall were probable at a regional, military, or not flying and wanted to come back. There are probable folks that are interested in someday returning to US Airways, but wouldn't even entertain it until ALL issues have been resolved! It is time for US Airways to get serious about this merger and get their employees under one certificate, resolve their reservation mess, and get all the unions working under one collective bargaining agreement. How can anyone expect US Airways' furloughed pilots to make an educated decision on rather to return when there are so many unknowns?

Last edited:
How can anyone expect US Airways' furloughed pilots to make an educated decision on rather to return when there are so many unknowns?

Is anything in this industry educated????? Believe me if they were we would all be better off!!!

I think most of the problem will be getting people to fly FO's on the 190's?

Does this really matter anyway? I think most people don't wanna come back to this company anyway...............

Is anything in this industry educated?????
Certainly not most of the cactus pilots!:laugh:

I think most of the problem will be getting people to fly FO's on the 190's?
Wanna bet? If they (LCC) started accepting apps tomorrow, they'd have a stack a mile high!
Does this really matter anyway? I think most people don't wanna come back to this company anyway...............
LCC has a very good future ahead of them if they could rid themselves of parker et. al!

Happy Easter Surf...........:beer:

There was evidently some clarification to this and it sounds like they're only talking about letters to everyone because there will be another 150-200 recalls soon and based on the miniscule acceptance rate for the current recall they probably expect to hit the bottom of the list. Only on the way back up is it "recall or resign". It seems the unlimited bypass for the 190 will still be honored. IOW, there's seemingly not really anything new except that they expect to hit the bottom of the list for the Group 2 or better seats on the next recall.

interesting...

So they hit the bottom with group 2 seats. On the way back up they have an E190 vacancy. Someone bypasses that E190... So since that person is junior to me, and he's still "on furlough", can I bypass indefinitely?

I hope somebody will post here when they get that "take it or leave it" letter. I'm anxious to find out how it is worded and how quickly it will make it back up the list.

Bender,

I believe what is happening is as swaayze pointed out. They expect to go through the rest of the list with the next recall group. As the announcements have come out, another 200 or so to be recalled. As this pre-recall letter helps Charmane sort out, who's coming and who's not, they can speed through quicker.
When they do get to the bottom (including the CEL guys that went to MDA) then that last guy will have to take it or resign. If she has 200 total position with the next recall, and she works her way down the list, at the bottom guy she has 150 Grp II positions still open, then the bottom 150 guys have to decide to take it or leave.
Obviously if it's 190 f/o positions, then you can bypass to your hearts desire.
I wouldn't be surprised towards the end of the year, to start seeing individuals called for Final Group II aircraft, while Mgmt has to go into the CEL list or hire off the street for 190 f/o positions....

Bender,

I wouldn't be surprised towards the end of the year, to start seeing individuals called for Final Group II aircraft, while Mgmt has to go into the CEL list or hire off the street for 190 f/o positions....

If they recall another 200 and have classes in July - my bet is on August ....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back