• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US AIRWAYS says 2009 profit is possible

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are no points. Only egos. All the best to USAirways, from me a former USairways guy.

The east is stuck on double bankruptcy wages and work rules because they walked away from the negiotating table after the seniority arbitration was posted. The angry F/O club formed USAPA and here we are with no progress east or west almost 4 years into the 'merger".

The point is that the original argument which stated the east was better off staying separate and upgrading out of seniority is not an economically viable argument. Sure you guys can steal upgrades that shouldn't be yours but those CA seats are only worth 125/hr. When you consider the awful work rules and reduced vacation, etc it becomes an empty victory.

A junior eastie would be better off in the right seat under a joint contract than upgrading out of seniority. But unfortunately, instead of honoring agreements, the average eastie would rather do anything to get an extra stripe on his/her shoulder....As 'Dually' stated it is all about ego. That has been demonstrated many times by the Angry FO Club out east. I used to get a kick out of the communication guy who used to say on the Alpa update that he his constantly in awe of his fellow east aviators. Sounds like a big circle j#rk to me...

US Air just announced that it made a profit! On the PHL crewroom vending machine.

I heard a rumor they lost money on the PHX vending machines and USAPA is recommending they shut them down now....

The point is that the original argument which stated the east was better off staying separate and upgrading out of seniority is not an economically viable argument. Sure you guys can steal upgrades that shouldn't be yours but those CA seats are only worth 125/hr. When you consider the awful work rules and reduced vacation, etc it becomes an empty victory.

A junior eastie would be better off in the right seat under a joint contract than upgrading out of seniority. But unfortunately, instead of honoring agreements, the average eastie would rather do anything to get an extra stripe on his/her shoulder....As 'Dually' stated it is all about ego. That has been demonstrated many times by the Angry FO Club out east. I used to get a kick out of the communication guy who used to say on the Alpa update that he his constantly in awe of his fellow east aviators. Sounds like a big circle j#rk to me...
Oh yes the communications moron was A. Genitaxxx as we used to call him. the Usapys have another PR dude known as Bagdad Bob with Arnie pinch hitting(maybe switch hitting).

"the entire pulled-pork politburo in CLT"

That made me spit home brew all over the keyboard!

No worries, ya'll. I have a protective device covering it in case my other intarweb "activitahs" get out of hand, or rather go off in my hand.

I heard a rumor they lost money on the PHX vending machines and USAPA is recommending they shut them down now....

UPDATE- USAPA poised to take contract concessions to cover loss of vending machine revenues (although they are 50% hedged on Skittles through Q409) in exchange for DOH list adoption.

"Let my daddy snack"
"Full pay till the last Payday"
"Little Debbie for BPR rep"

Stand by for updates as they happen.

UPDATE- USAPA poised to take contract concessions to cover loss of vending machine revenues (although they are 50% hedged on Skittles through Q409) in exchange for DOH list adoption.

"Let my daddy snack"
"Full pay till the last Payday"
"Little Debbie for BPR rep"

Stand by for updates as they happen.

This just in! Pepsi vending machines will not concede to DOH and, want all Coke vending machines to be confined to the West Coast. However both sides are excited about the Skittles hedge.

He's an idiot, he is a sell out, and he's very out of touch with the membership.
While I appreciate your lucid analysis of the situation from the West point of view it's essentially meaningless. Both candidates are out of touch with the entire West and considering there won't be a joint contract until the West joins the party it just doesn't matter. I voted for both Mowreys because I figure it'll create some fun confusion.

Latest resources

Back