US Airways Profit: $427M for 2007, -$79M in 4th Qtr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MK82Man

Think what we could do if the East side of the House was playing along?

US Airways Reports 2007 Profit of $427 Million; Employees to Share $49 Million
Jan. 24, 2007

Today, US Airways released earnings results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2007. And,since the airline made a profit excluding net special items for the year, the employee profit sharing pool accumulated $49 million, to be divided up among eligible employees and paid out in March.

The airline reported a full year 2007 net profit of $427 million. Excluding net special items, the company reported a net profit of $440 million. US Airways reported a fourth quarter 2007 net loss of $79 million. Excluding net special items, we reported a fourth quarter 2007 net loss of $42 million.

US Airways Reports 2007 Profit of $427 Million; Employees to Share $49 Million
Jan. 24, 2007

Today, US Airways released earnings results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2007. And,since the airline made a profit excluding net special items for the year, the employee profit sharing pool accumulated $49 million, to be divided up among eligible employees and paid out in March.

The airline reported a full year 2007 net profit of $427 million. Excluding net special items, the company reported a net profit of $440 million. US Airways reported a fourth quarter 2007 net loss of $79 million. Excluding net special items, we reported a fourth quarter 2007 net loss of $42 million.

Congrats! We made $125 million over here at Alaska but as far a profit sharing goes, we pilots are counted as part-time employees so I don't expect much of any profit sharing. No joke.

Originally Posted by MK82Man

Please post the breakdown of the two sides...Since you think the east is not pulling their weight in this operation. In previous reportings I believe when it was divided the east has made a profit while the west side has not.
Also the profit sharing your going to enjoy in March was given to the west side by the east side alpa mec they didn't have to the west side.
Since I am making less flying the airbus on the east side than someone on the west side at my same seniority at the request, no make that demand of the west pilots that we not get parity I think I'm more than playing along.

Wow, that's Great! I guess that if I quit paying my mortgage and other debts I am oblogated to pay, I would be RICH!! Great buisness strategy.

flybywire

Prior to September 2007 earnings, both sides of the operation were reported separately to the SEC. If you look in the financials of AWA you will see AWA took the ******************** for the merger costs, which believe it or not is substantial. US Airways East operation did not incur many merger costs since they were the carrier that was merged. Plus, from my prior years in accounting, I highly doubt every piece of equipment and costs was allocated 100% accurately, since by year end they were going to be combined anyway.

To say East makes money and that the West operation is losing is misleading, unless you can find all the supporting data and allocations of costs. In the Wallstreet looks at the whole company not East and West. (This like dividing up General Electric. Wallstreet could care aless if the appliance division is losing money and the aerospace division is making money, its the company as a whole.)

The East and West operations are one company. Their is place is the financials or in the books that says the East operations makes this much money and the West this. Its all called revenue on the income statement.

I am sorry you are not given pay parity. If you were running your own company, and had this scenario before you, I would assume you would not grant parity either. Management knows its its last tool to get a contract voted on and thus they are holding it out. Believe Parker is not the only CEO who would pull this card. There are many more that would do the same.

flyby;
I think the remark pertains to negotiating a new joint contract vs. trying to oust ALPA because Date of Hire was not delivered (WHAT A SHOCK!!!!)

Well said Dave, but Seniority is and will not be for sale.

Last edited:
Well said Dave, but Seniority is and will not be for sale.

No, it's not for sale, nor liable to extortion either.

You were placed on a seniority list in a manner that was considered fair and equitable to a neutral, third party arbiter, that you helped select.

Since the outcome didn't fit your version of reality, the process that you endorsed is suddenly "flawed" and "unfair", and the arbiter is "senile".

You and your USAPA brethren are nothing more than petulant children that didn't get their way, and in the end, you'll do nothing more than crap in your own nest.

No, it's not for sale, nor liable to extortion either.

You were placed on a seniority list in a manner that was considered fair and equitable to a neutral, third party arbiter, that you helped select.

Since the outcome didn't fit your version of reality, the process that you endorsed is suddenly "flawed" and "unfair", and the arbiter is "senile".

You and your USAPA brethren are nothing more than petulant children that didn't get their way, and in the end, you'll do nothing more than crap in your own nest.

Well said !

Its flawed when you put 500 guys ahead of AWA and then you leave out part of the seniority list that was active at the time of merger. Relative seniority was not even used if wants to use this flawed method. It also has no fences, no protections and a host of other flaws that makes the list unworkable.
AWA did not have a single widebody. The EAST had about 30 and no fences or protections on those aircraft?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back