• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot got his job back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But you haven't proven that a problem exists. I use the hoster just fine. It's not a safety issue nor is it a problem. Its just really inconvenient. That inconvenience is what led the "shooter" to disobey SOPs. It was his fault. PERIOD.

You and your use of it is not conclusive for the entire prrogram. Do you think you are the litmus test for the entire program?

You and your use of it is not conclusive for the entire prrogram. Do you think you are the litmus test for the entire program?

I think the litmus test is that one guy discharged a firearm which had nothing to do with improper holster design. Classic case of "blaming everyone and everything" as opposed to "personal responsibility".

I think the litmus test is that one guy discharged a firearm which had nothing to do with improper holster design. Classic case of "blaming everyone and everything" as opposed to "personal responsibility".

BINGO - With such a display of ignoring SOP maybe he shouldn’t be allowed to play with matches, run with scissors, and handle sharp objects......?? Or he could hurt himself next time....

The arbitrator thought differently.

I believe the arbitrator ruled on if the firing was too harsh, not on if he should be allowed to play with sharp objects or lacked judgment sufficient to hold a Captains position.

Remember OJ Simpson's jury voted him "Not Guilty". That did not mean he is not a killer, just that the state did not prove their case.

The civil suit ruled that he was responsible for the deaths. Maybe an arbitrator could rule that that was too harsh.

The guy does deserve to get his job back. How many police have accidental discharges of their guns. Hundreds a year? This guy was serving his country as a FFDO. Its a thankless job that thousands of patriots take upon themselves and at thier expense and inconvienince to do thier part so another 911 doesn't happen. I think alot of the anti-gun obama Liberals have spouted out on this topic. But I believe he is being unjustly castrated, Sure he did a bone head thing and should be punished , and has, but he should not have his career ruined over this one thing.

Latest resources

Back