• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways, NO MORE Drink Charges

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Accountants probably told them to stop the revenue from this program or else they might have to show a profit. Never show a profit unless you can't help it! It's always been an undesirable outcome for US Airways.

And for what it's worth, there is no sarcasm in the afore mentioned speculation!

Its a great PR/Marketing idea. While it was becoming clear that the trend was mimicing the European model of "pay as you go," I think the Hudson River calamity was behind this recent move to recind the drink charges.

Right now, USAir is enjoying a somewhat good public image in light of the highly praised crew. This alone, will cause travellers to perhaps be more willing to book a USAir fare even if a few dollars more. By coupling this recent event with the drink charges will help win even more bookings. Just my opinion.

this after a capt i flew with last week went on for 15 minutes about how the drink charges are the way to go. I think he would have went on longer but the airway changed course and the sun started shining in on the left side.

in an additional note: apparently senhiser has designed their headset chords to fail before bearing the entire weight of an fo while the chord is wrapped around his neck.

Last edited:
Great...no more drink charges. Now, if we can get them to stop treating non-revs like $hit we'd be getting somewhere.

Great...no more drink charges. Now, if we can get them to stop treating non-revs like $hit we'd be getting somewhere.
You mean the gate agents or the FAs? I'm nothing but nice to all of them and they are flat out rude to me most of the time (unless THEY need the free ride). I feel bad for the other PSA people that are being denied a ride to work over this stupid little east vs west bone you guys are barking over. Getting a little excessive to screw people that aren't even involved, don't you think?! Complete lack of class all around.

this after a capt i flew with last week went on for 15 minutes about how the drink charges are the way to go. I think he would have went on longer but the airway changed course and the sun started shining in on the left side.

in an additional note: apparently senhiser has designed their headset chords to fail before bearing the entire weight of an fo while the chord is wrapped around his neck.

shows what those Capts know...lol

Latest resources

Back