• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways, NO MORE Drink Charges

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The change stemmed from two things. First, the whiz kids in the crystal palace really believed that once they started charging for drinks, everybody would follow suit. Wrong! Second, USAir has constantly ranked among the worst in passenger complaints and a large number of those are from passengers who don't think they should have to pay two bucks for a water on a 5 hour flight.

In truth, how many activities are there where you are provided with free refreshments? And look at Southwest. They give you about 4 oz of soda in your tiny cup. However, they give you as many refills as you can hold down and they do it all with a smile. Many AWA pilots commute on them between PHX and LAS because the service is better *(and they seem to have better scheduled flights).

For what it's worth, I'm not sure the millions that they made charging for sodas was worth all the bad publicity. About time they changed it back.

I'm sure they must have done some sort of cost-benefit analysis before deciding to scrap the idea, but from my observation, most people (myself included...) said "no thanks" during the cabin service. Meanwhile, they're carrying all these drinks around the country, which I'd guess approaches the weight of a few passengers who may have chosen to ride someone else because of the nickel/dime routine and generating no revenue. Regardless, I'm glad it's ended. Yes, I'm a cheap bestidge :nuts: .

??? how are psa flt crew involved?
Commuters coming from the west coast have been denied a ride by crews that think we're part of "the east". Doesn't really effect me but a few of the guys I've flown with recently have really been stressing it.

I do the east coast west coast commute every week If you absolutley,positively have to get there, do what I do. Avoid jumpseating on USAirways.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
[quote=b707guy;1771404]I'm sure they must have done some sort of cost-benefit analysis before deciding to scrap the idea, but from my observation, most people (myself included...) said "no thanks" during the cabin service. Meanwhile, they're carrying all these drinks around the country, which I'd guess approaches the weight of a few passengers who may have chosen to ride someone else because of the nickel/dime routine and generating no revenue. Regardless, I'm glad it's ended. Yes, I'm a cheap bestidge :nuts: .[/quote]

You sound like you know how "Chug-a Lug Doug" operates rather well, my friend . What's that saying his frequent flyers use .. " He knows the price of everything and the value of nothing " ...or something along those lines ? Pretty much sums things up.

PHXFLYR:cool:
ex-ATI

Latest resources

Back