• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways new advertising scheme

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. They got what they wanted--lots of publicity.

Shortly after 9/11/01 there was a group of muslim males who were trying to bring attention to themselves in a Georgia restaurant. They were making anti-US statements, talking about blowing something up, and purposely acting intimidating to get a rise out of the other customers. Within hours of their departure from the restaurant, they were being surrounded on Florida's Turnpike by hundreds of law enforcement officers. Turns out they were just a bunch of muslim punk-ass college students running their mouths because they knew NOBODY would stand up and say anything. The attention they got wasn't exactly what they expected...

If USAir settles out of court with these religious kooks, I'll be very disappointed. It will simply encourage every muslim with a gripe to try to sue someone over religious discrimination...

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061127/passengers_removed.html?.v=1

AP
Imams Stage Airport 'Pray-In' As Protest
Monday November 27, 11:14 am ET
By Leslie Miller, Associated Press Writer Imams Stage Airport 'Pray-In' to Protest Being Barred From US Airways Flight Last Week
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Imams, ministers and a rabbi staged a "pray-in" demonstration Monday at Reagan Washington National Airport and demanded an apology from US Airways for barring six Muslims from a Minneapolis to Phoenix flight last week.
The religious leaders called for an end to racial profiling, saying it was unacceptable in America.
"These things are troubling to us," said Mahdi Bray, executive director of the Muslim American Society Freedom Foundation. "Driving while black, flying while Muslim, traveling with a Torah or getting with Jesus."
Imam Omar Shahin, one of the six detained last Monday at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, said they hadn't done anything suspicious.
The imams, who were returning from a religious conference, had prayed on their prayer rugs in the airport before the flight. After they boarded the flight, a passenger, who was alarmed by their activity, passed a note to a flight attendant. The men were taken off the airplane, handcuffed and questioned.
"It was the worst moment in my life," Shahin said.
Last week, US Airways Group Inc. issued a statement saying it was interviewing crew members and ground workers to find out more about what happened. "We are always concerned when passengers are inconvenienced and especially concerned when a situation occurs that causes customers to feel their dignity was compromised. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind," the airline said.
On Monday, Shahin and a handful of other Muslims bowed down on rugs and prayed in Terminal A near the US Airways ticket counter. Jewish and Christian clergy also said prayers.
Hillary Shelton, director of the NAACP national office, called on Congress to pass legislation that would end racial profiling. The bill is necessary because airlines are unclear how to deal with racial and ethnic profiling, he said.

"It was the worst moment in my life," Shahin said.

I wonder what the worst moment for the passengers would have been on
9-11? Watching the buildings get closer or wishing someone woild have "profiled" better.

Latest resources

Back