Us Airways May 5th Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DCAA320

Anyone else slated for US Airways may 5th class and does anyone know how they have handled people coming back off military leave?

Anyone else slated for US Airways may 5th class and does anyone know how they have handled people coming back off military leave?
I'm in that position as well. I was told that you can go on what ever you can hold. Then a guy in my squadron told me that planning said that you can only pick from the list that is handed down to your class. He has a call in to the union so we'll see.

sean

Sean, just got back from working at HTACC in Strategy in Osan even though I am Navy. It was interesting. :)

I see a fight coming on.

The law says we can go where our seniority can hold, not where our seniority can hold that specific day.

There are a bunch of guys junior to me on the 767I which is what I want.

We'll see what they are offering on the 5th.

We all know this is a volatile industry, if you don't have something constructive to say, please, just shut the F#ck up.

That WAS constructive advice. Didn't mean for it to come across as a potshot at all. If you can continue to draw a check from your current source, or an alternate one, do so. That's all I'm sayin. Best of luck...even to Mr. potty mouth.

Hey Fisherman, sorry, must be lack of sleep, just returned from Korea, soju withdrawal you know.

Does the law actually state "where your seniority can hold" ?

Or does it state that you can have an equivalent job for equivalent pay and equivalent responsibility?

I am just wondering. no flame intended. I have never heard of pilots being displaced off equipment for a returning military pilot.

Again don't get you panties in a wad, I'm just asking because I am curious

Like the others on this board are thinking. You may want to keep your old job. But I can understand why you would want to get out.

Thanks for your service

D

Bottom line is you'll go where the company has openings when you return. If you don't like it you can wait until something else becomes available.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back