• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Us Airways May 5th Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone else slated for US Airways may 5th class and does anyone know how they have handled people coming back off military leave?

As far as what plane and base you should get based on your seniority.. there are several issues, but of biggest note is the company is not following the contract and ALPA isn't doing $h!t about it. Big surprise there ehh?

The contract says that pilots on military leave participate in the permanent bid, but the company has denied us that contractual right and ALPA grievance won't deal with it. Never mind that my permanent bid is still in CATCREW from before. It is being ignored in direct violation of the contract (Unless of course LOA 93 gave that away too).

Charmane has verbally promised that we can go back to any plane or base our seniority holds once we come off of military leave, but a promise from Charmane over the phone (she refuses to put it in writing) regarding our return is worth nothing if the training and manpower groups don't agree, especially when neither the company or ALPA will deal with what is currently written in the contract.

I would expect that USAPA will attempt to deal with the contract more rigorously than the ALPA bloated pigeons but I don't expect the company to magically get a conscience.

Flying is what it is. Its great except for the company and ALPA, but if ALPA wins the representational election I cannot imagine the paybacks that will be coming to AAA. All the ALPA "leaders" that are now producing videos and writing letters to us about how much ALPA loves us and is the best for us, will no doubt gang up against us with their steak knives if ALPA carries the day on 17 APR.

Hope you get the 76 and a new CBA!

From Chapter 13 of the contract:

(I) Permanent Bid Procedure for Pilots on Leave

1. A pilot granted a leave of absence will maintain his then current bid for reinstatement purposes.

2. A pilot on leave will be required to maintain and participate in the permanent bid process in thesame manner as an active pilot. In addition to the normal bid submission process, bids will be accepted by telephone (followed by written confirmation), fax, or telex. Bids received after the closing date will be considered on an individual basis.

3. A pilot on leave who is awarded a change in his permanent bid will have that bid recorded as a change for reinstatement purposes only.

4. A pilot returning from a leave will be reinstated to the bid he currently holds.

For those of you who are in the May 5th class, when were you notified?

Also, will there be anyone off the street in the May class, or is it all military recalls?

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back