• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways keeping it classy this week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I doubt it, if they had, I am sure a lot of them would've had his dress uniform hanging safely in the cockpit closet. Just another example of taking the CA out of the command loop has proven to be a failure. This what you get when the insane run the asylum.

This is one of numerous examples of how bad our flight attendants are in the US. They all should be hired for a 3 year renewable contract and allowed to stay if they provide good service and keep fit for duty. Most can barely fit down the isle and many could never aid passengers during an emergency due to poor health. People won't even use the flight attendant call button for fear of backlash by these lazy and bad attitude stews.

This is a prime example of why ALL US airlines will never compete with the world's first class airlines. This flight attendant is the epitome of all US air carriers' flight attendants. Sickening. I believe Delta (through great effort in training and monitoring) currently has the most friendly flight attendants - many are still obese by medical standards. Having said that, Delta is soo far behind Singapore, Asiana, Korean, Virgin, Quantus, Lufthansa, well - ALL other foreign major carriers' quality of flight attendants.

This is one of numerous examples of how bad our flight attendants are in the US. They all should be hired for a 3 year renewable contract and allowed to stay if they provide good service and keep fit for duty. Most can barely fit down the isle and many could never aid passengers during an emergency due to poor health. People won't even use the flight attendant call button for fear of backlash by these lazy and bad attitude stews.

This is a prime example of why ALL US airlines will never compete with the world's first class airlines. This flight attendant is the epitome of all US air carriers' flight attendants. Sickening. I believe Delta (through great effort in training and monitoring) currently has the most friendly flight attendants - many are still obese by medical standards. Having said that, Delta is soo far behind Singapore, Asiana, Korean, Virgin, Quantus, Lufthansa, well - ALL other foreign major carriers' quality of flight attendants.

Pave,

It's called living in a litigious society. Those other countries can impose any rules and not fear being sued. It would take a mandate by the FAA to change anything here.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Bad Flight Attendants

Unfortunately, I would have to agree. As a US Airways pilot and veteran I was truly embarrassed by that incident.

I've been in the back of our airplanes to Europe twice this summer and was so appalled at the way our F/A's were treating our customers I took my ID off.

If you fly on Aer Lingus, Lufthansa etc it's night and day. I've never flown on an Asian carrier but their F/A customer service is legendary.

My take is that many FAs have been berated too many times by overbearing supervisors for "foolishly thinking" that they can adjust any policy for anyone.. Especially not during boarding because any delay causes financial harm to a supervisor's on-time bonus metric.

But the real instigators in this just might be some self guilt luxury passengers that wanted to be heroic in their own battlefield of leather lazyboys in the front cabin.. It was the perfect opportunity...

The lazyboy warriors could step in and vanquish a mouthy villain to rescue the decorated soldier... And tweet about it too!

I wore the uniform for over thirty years and never hung it up. The material was too starched to worry about hangers.

Pave,

It's called living in a litigious society.

Or is that just a very convenient excuse? Age discrimination may be illegal, but expectation of proper performance certainly is not, nor is expectation of being fit for duty, especially when said duty is safety-sensitive.

Or is that just a very convenient excuse? Age discrimination may be illegal, but expectation of proper performance certainly is not, nor is expectation of being fit for duty, especially when said duty is safety-sensitive.

It's called reality Ike in the USA. Did you ever read the article about Qatar FA's? How they must live in dorms, constant threats of job loss and immediate deportation. To marry someone else at that airline you have to get permission from the CEO.

Now I do believe Ike that performance matters and safety first, and if they can't do that then they should be gone. But, in the USA, you can'y fire for looks in this industry. The legacies are trying to give early out retirement packages to FAs, but honesty, would you leave a job where every Monday you get to fly with 5 or 6 people you've known for 30 plus years to Istanbul to go to the Grand Bazzarre and go shopping? I doubt it Ike.

That being said, the legacies are hiring FAs as we speak.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It's called reality Ike in the USA. Did you ever read the article about Qatar FA's? How they must live in dorms, constant threats of job loss and immediate deportation. To marry someone else at that airline you have to get permission from the CEO.

Does it have to be either or? Are the only choices the disgrace that we have here and what you describe at QR? Is there truly no better way?

Latest resources

Back