• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways faces class action lawsuit from America West pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure there are more PFT jobs out there for you. Or better yet you can always be like the eastern replacements.;)

You being a McCain supporters says it all. By the way. PFT indeed. The Tax payers paid my flight training. How about you?

Its funny how Westies do not want permanent fences? I will tell you why. Because these former Mesa, Trans States pilots at AWA want to take East flying. They want EAST jobs. Like they took east flying while at Mesa and Trans States, they have no problem doing it again.

Fact: There is not one real US Airways that crossed a picket line. PFT did not start til the mid to late 90's.

Fact: AWA has many PFT pilots and many pilots that crossed picket lines. So much for integrity.

Another Fact is that AWA (Mesa Grande) was the first to allow 90 seat RJ's.

M

MCDU,

What's your beef with Mesa and Trans States pilots? Yeah, they are both crappy company's to work for, but they have good safety records and are excellent places to build quality flight time and experience. You act like these pilots are somehow beneath you. When I was at Trans States back in the day, there were a ton of guys who left for US (I never applied because I did'nt want to work there, but here I am). I'm sure they hired some from Mesa, as well. BTW, there are plenty of pilots at AWA who worked for Eagle, Skywest, Horizon, flew DC-3's, Beech 18's, or came from the military. I just don't get how you guys justify your attitude toward the west by writing us off as Trans States and Mesa guys.

Its funny how Westies do not want permanent fences? I will tell you why. Because these former Mesa, Trans States pilots at AWA want to take East flying. They want EAST jobs.

M

Nope.

I want to keep the job I brought to this merger.........you know, the one you and the other Us Air furloughees didn't bring, but somehow think is owed you now.

Last edited:
So, I guess you think you are entitled to the USAIR East jobs that the former USAIR furloughees filled.

AWA pilots want to keep their jobs and the expense of EAST pilots even though they are parking west airplanes. We have a min. fleet and block hour protection. and these positions are being staffed by real USAIR pilots. The job that you brought to the merger is no longer. The job you brought to this mess is going away and you want the East pilots to make room for your job that is being downsized. How things change. The job you brought to the merger is gone.

M

What Tejas, a fabricated RICO suit involving fecces grabs your attention, but a bonified lawsuit to stem the damages created by this ill-conceived power-grab that is USAPA interests you?

Naw....just growing a bit tired of the "family feud".

Had a jumpseat rider last Friday who felt like he had to let me know he was from the West.

My response? "Our jumpseat agreement is with ALL of US Airways....doesn't matter if you are East or West...but...please feel free to take a seat in the back and welcome aboard"

The job you brought to the merger is gone.

M

Nope.

That job is alive and well.

Held now by a somebody that was on the street the day before this merger was announced.

Let's recap, shall we.

Furloughees brought nothing in the way of a job to the table.

Every west pilot brought a job to the table.

All you had going for you was a vague promise that you would someday be recalled.

Absent this merger, that promise was worthless.

Now you believe that a pilot that had only that promise of a recall has a bigger claim to a job than one that brought an existing job to the merger.

As far as LCC "dieing" sic, our stock was just changed from hold, to outperform. This means that today's stock price is felt to be undervalued or the company is truly worth more than it currently trades at.

Also, oil is $95/barrel today.

I ain't sayin' nothing, I'm jes sayin'.

So, I guess you think you are entitled to the USAIR East jobs that the former USAIR furloughees filled.

AWA pilots want to keep their jobs and the expense of EAST pilots even though they are parking west airplanes. We have a min. fleet and block hour protection. and these positions are being staffed by real USAIR pilots. The job that you brought to the merger is no longer. The job you brought to this mess is going away and you want the East pilots to make room for your job that is being downsized. How things change. The job you brought to the merger is gone.

M

Don't be mad PFT-MCDU. You can just go for another round of PFT like you did at Gulfstream. Or wait til another airline goes out on strike to get another job. You have prefected that. With your gulfstream academy background, "You're an ace (hole)."

Latest resources

Back