Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ifly2slo

.70 Mmo
I’m a poolie ... interviewed at AWA and am planning on attending the 8/27 E190 class in CLT. My preference would be to go to the West side initially but in 12 months after the E190 seat lock do you think that there will be the opportunity / availability to be based in PHX?

What is the prediction on upgrade time for the combined USAirways for someone in my position (regardless of base)?

In 12 months, could I realistically hold a 757/767/A330 (regardless of base)?

Do you get paid PerDiem while in training on the East side?

How did the lists end up getting merged? I'm guessing that new hires are being placed after the last furloughed USAirways pilot (as they should be) ... So, my seniority number will obviously the bottom but did US Airways Express pilots (PSA etc) get mainline #s on the mainline list?

How many E190s are there now?

Are the schedules commutable?

What are the typical # of days off for a line holder?

How long should I plan to be on reserve?

Are the reserve schedules built with the minimum days off? 11 days?

Are there a lot of PHL crashpads? How much $?

Thanks for the information ...

2slo

slo flyer,

Right now your questions are not answerable with any kind of accuracy! The "east" is challengeing the "binding arbitration" on the seniority award, there is still two cba's. As far as getting back to PHX there are no 76's, a330s, the 75's will probably become more senior if they pay more, the a320 will most likely have positions available if there is ever any movement between the two airlines. Good Luck, welcome aboard in 08/07!

Last time I had a Phillie crash pad it was 250. The Lagoon is closing. Reserve is either 2hr or 8 hour
call out. I think they will let you take what you
can hold when you show up, there is a possibilty
of group 2. (which pays less)

I believe as an AWA poolie your career expectations were quite bright, and as such you'll probably be placed senior to most of the East's 1988 hires.

Congrats!

BeCareful,

Do you actually try to be ignorant of the facts so you can stir the pot better?

How about you take 1 min to research your spew before you post.

Poolies are not even on the list - they will be new hires and placed at the bottom.

From an AWA perspective, we believe they got hosed in this deal as at the old AWA, the handshake at the interview actually meant something.

From an East perspective, they have many grievences as well and likely will not empathize with that position.

Those are the facts. Stop with the crap already.

I believe as an AWA poolie your career expectations were quite bright, and as such you'll probably be placed senior to most of the East's 1988 hires.

Congrats!

don´t you guys ever get tired of being miserable? Why don´t you just say goodbye to US Airways and be done with it.

slo flyer,

If your desire is to live in PHX or in the west I think you need to account for the possibility that this may take years or may never happen at all. The job and company you interviewed for is gone, and you're now contemplating accepting one with an east coast-only airline, at least for the forseeable future. Jaffo is right; there are so many variables and it's going to take so much time to work them out that you just don't have much info. to go on right now.

Even if this gets sorted out and the two lists and two operations are finally merged, you could find it very difficult to get out west. There are still a load of west coast commuters in the east who would want to bid into any potential vacancies in PHX/LAS, and of course they'd all be senior to you. New hires could go east indefinitely even after the merge is complete. The west is always going to tend to be more senior than the east. And, if there's any downsizing out west at all, fugettaboutit.

I believe, based on the combined retirement numbers posted by someone a while back and unverified by me, that it would be about 8 years from recall/newhire to upgrade based on age 60. Of course, 65 is just around the corner, so add 3-5 years to that to get a guesstimate for a Group 2 upgrade, about 10-12 years IMO. E190 upgrade would likely be much quicker but you will make about the same as a 75 FO, so I'm not sure that really counts.

I also think you may be looking at quite some time to have the ability to transfer out west, due to the mess at LCC with the seniority arbitration. Of course it now appears that there will be some recalls/newhires going West very soon, but if you're already committed to the 8/27 class then that won't help you.

Good luck.

Slo;
Welcome to the NEW US Airways. Yea, there will be problems. There will still be need for pilots on the West side sooner than later. Many of the furloughed pilots will have to make a decision on a return. As you have read, there have also been some no-shows.

You could get a slot in PHX in the Bus after your 1 year lock is up in August 08. Give it a shot!

Regards.

So with the seniority list still in question, for now which list and CBA will new hires get put under? Also what is group 2.

Airlinepilotcentral shows first year east pay on the 737/A320 as being 25/hr, but first year west pay on the same aircraft as being 39/hr. And combined list first year E-190 pay as 41/hr.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back