US Airways Defers 54 Airbus Deliveries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LaGarbage Man

Generally, future aircraft delivery positions held by the acquired airline are considered an asset in a merger, especially if a common fleet type is involved. In this case, as with the 190's, it looks in all likelihood like a liquidity infusion for survival.

Westhole here. Doug should have got out of the way of the train wreck known as us air. Instead, he stood on the tracks and got run over.

Well what can I say? I think we all know what beer can do to your judgment (A 2 at 10 is a 10 at 2). And Doug has been known to have a few. As for the merger, It is what it is.

Well what can I say? I think we all know what beer can do to your judgment (A 2 at 10 is a 10 at 2). And Doug has been known to have a few. As for the merger, It is what it is.

He got drunk one night, brought us air home and now the sun has come up the next morning, sees who he slept with.

It ain't pretty.

You left out one part of the story.
He got drunk in Vegas. While drunk he put a ring on her finger and made a trip to the " Little White Wedding Chapel" where Elvis pronounced them man and wife. In his drunken stuppor he forgot the prenup and now he is looking at one he!! of an expensive divorce.
Like I said, "It is what it is"

Totally survival mode. If you read the press release you can read that Barclay's gave them 14 months to begin repayment of the 200 million loan.

Hey great! 14 months guys. Then what? I think LCC is burning the furniture to keep the house warm.

Hey great! 14 months guys. Then what? I think LCC is burning the furniture to keep the house warm.

Funny how history repeats itself with us air. Like our friend says, it is what it is.

Last edited:
Cash Preservation for very uncertain future. The industry saw this coming last summer, with every financial move they make it looks more and more like Eastern's shut down part 2.

Yes, it is to save money, but there may be other reasons like their dance partner not liking the bus!

Latest resources

Back