• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So whats the magic formula to get a call? Seems like luck! Does anyone know?

It is luck. I have 4 LOR's from current USAir employees. 3 who are in the training center and took my resume and app to directors and one to the VP of Flight Ops. All were told the same thing....they will do what they can but HR is totally in control. Gone are the days of getting an interview because you get someone to help you. I appreciate that concept, but what is the point of networking. Essentially, when you filled out the specific flight ops portion of the application, your answers were dropped into a bucket based on your answer. The more buckets you are in the better, but that does not guarantee anything. HR pulls random apps from the buckets at random. Then it is evaluated and then you will or will not be called. This is why people who applied yesterday get called today and others who applied 3 times have not. They have just not been pulled basically. This is how it was explained to me. Good luck with the lottery.

Last edited:
I flew with an F/O in the E190 that was 26 a few months ago. A few years ago US Airways was not high on the list for career airlines. Now they're beating the door down to get in.

I wonder what has changed?

Was he Ex-Piedmont?? They are hiring a bunch of our 20 something year old FO's without even PIC Time!! Lucky dudes/gals

May interviews

I interviewed last week and still have not heard. Another guy who interviewed same week got the yes last Friday for the 7/29 class.

Go to USAPA WHQ and ask for a connection, I hear they know everyone to get on...Just kidding, avoid anything with USAPA and you will probably do better in the interview process...

Just saw they posted "position deleted/cancelled" for the Sep position. Any insight? Also, are the now interviewing for the Feb posting?

My application for the Sept opening. Its not in the archive like my Aug one. So it looks active yet it says that where under review would be.

Please stop hiring obese pilots.

M

Latest resources

Back