US Airways birdstrike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9GClub

My dad was on USAir 142 earlier today (passenger) out of Anchorage when his 319 apparently hit a goose at FL350 (!!!!)..... anybody have more info? Captain's glass was screwed up, but not as badly as you'd think. The only photograph he got was from the flight deck-- no exterior views. I check A.net but it's not up yet.....

not only the whole breathing thing, but theres also this whole.. being warm blooded thing working against a goose at FL350

they killed Super Man...we're doomed.

9GClub said:
My dad was on USAir 142 earlier today (passenger) out of Anchorage when his 319 apparently hit a goose at FL350 (!!!!)..... anybody have more info? Captain's glass was screwed up, but not as badly as you'd think. The only photograph he got was from the flight deck-- no exterior views. I check A.net but it's not up yet.....

Well, bird strikes are rampant this time of year. Chances are pretty good that they possibly hit a bird, but dude, c'mon not at FL350. We took a bird strike a couple days ago on final approach, thats probably where it happened if there was evidence of one.

How does a passenger know the plane is at 350, or what level a strike occurs, or why would a crew lie (unless your dad totally made it up, which is not the case)? And yes, some geese fly (bar-headed, or somesuch) fly above 30,000 feet.

You guys know that birdstrikes have occured at FL360 before. In fact if I have a second of conciousness left tonight ill find the report. I think it was a UPS 767 if I still recall...

Latest resources

Back